Hello Dear Readers, Welcome to our new post which is containing the details about YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme. This scheme has been launched by the Government of Andhra Pradesh. The main of this scheme is to solve some natural calamities farmers suffer crop losses. With the help of this post, you will get the details like YSR free crop Insurance Scheme? its objective, benefits, features, eligibility criteria, required documents, application procedure, etc. Please read this article to the end and grab the all information about this.
About YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
There are many people who don’t know about this scheme so in this part we trying to answer the question “What is the YSR Crop Insurance Scheme? So this scheme has initiated by the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. This scheme govt will provide crop Insurance for the Farmers for the loss of all the notified crops due to natural calamities. So in this project, around 22 notified crops. All the crops Insurance will be free of cost. Before a few times back AP Farmers needed to pay a high premium amount to take the benefits of this scheme. Despite that, every farmer has to pay only pay Re 1 in order to enroll themselves in this Scheme. For the farmers who have lost crops during Kharif 2020, the government is going to pay them the claim amount.
Overview – YSR Insurance Scheme 2023
|Scheme||YSR free Crop Insurance Scheme|
|Objective of Scheme||To provide insurance cover on the crops|
|Started by||Government of Andhra Pradesh|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of Andhra Pradesh|
|Launched date||15th December 2020|
|Application Mode||Online/ Offline|
|Amount of Insurance||Rs 1252 crore|
|Number of beneficiaries||9.48 lakh|
YSR Free Crops Insurance Scheme – Objectives
- The major target of the YSR free Crop Insurance Scheme is to provide insurance cover on crops to all the farmers of the state.
- With the help of this scheme, all the natural calamities like heavy rains, droughts, cyclones, etc will be covered.
- Moreover, the government is planning to give the financial cover for the crops lost due to these natural calamities.
- Now all the farmers have not to need to pay or charge any type of premium amount.
- And the govt is also hopeful that, by using this scheme farmers will be free from the Financial Burden.
- The implementation of the Scheme will also bring transparency to the system.
Eligibility Criteria & required documents
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Andhra Pradesh.
- Aadhar card
- Residence certificate
- Voter ID card
- Ration card
- Passport size photograph
- Mobile number
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme – Benefits and Features
- YSR Crop Insurance Scheme has been introduced by the state government of Andhra Pradesh.
- This scheme has come up with the aim of o provide Crop Insurance to the farmers.
- All the Crop Loss Due to Natural Calamities will take care of in this scheme.
- Nearly 22 notified crops that cover under the Scheme.
- So this scheme will be free of cost for the Farmers.
- And the farmers don’t need to pay any premium to obtain the benefit of this scheme.
- This scheme will also to pay the claim amount by directly crediting the amount to the farmer’s Bank.
- For this scheme, the Andhra Pradesh govt will set the Budget of 1252 crore.
- With this scheme of around 9.48 lakh, farmers will get the benefit
- And near;y 49.80 lakh farmers have enrolled in this Scheme
- Around 10641 Rythu Bharosa Kendras will help in the implementation of the Scheme
- All the crops that have been lost during the 2020 claim amount will pay on them in the Month of May 2021
- This scheme is going to cover around 56 lakh hectares of land
What is the Claim Amount Paid Till Now?
- So the Crop Insurance premium of the Rs of 122.61 crore will be paid by the government of Andhra Pradesh.
- This insurance will be provided for the 2018-19 Rabi which was kept pending by the TDP government.
- And this premium is going to pay on 26 June 2023.
- So nearly Rs, 596.26 crores is paid to 5.94 lakh farmers and for Kharif 2019 Andhra Pradesh Government has paid Rs 468 crore.
- Then from 2016 To 2023, the number of farmers insured under the Scheme has increased.
- In 2016-17, 17.79 lakh farmers have insured.
- In 2017-18, 18.22 lakh farmers have insured.
- Then in 2018-19, 24.83 lakh farmers have insured but in 2019-20 the number of farmers enrolled under the crop Insurance Scheme has increased to 49.50 lakh.
- Now In 2020-21, 15.15 Lakh farmers have insured.
YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme Rythu Bharosa Kendras – Check
The state government of Andhra Pradesh has launched the 10641 Rythu Bharosa Kendra. And it is integrated with the village secretariat in order to benefit the farmers under AP Free Crop Insurance Scheme. As per the Nivar cyclone updates, the loss of the crop will appear at rythu Bharosa Kendra with the village secretariat. And the payment to the farmers will be paid by the 31st December 2023. Apart from this, this information may be available for social audit and all those farmers who are missing from this list will get enrolled in Rythu Bharosa Kendra by the government.
Process to Application for the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme
In this section, we have mentioned the very easy Application Process for the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme. Just follow the given steps:-
- First of all, Candidates have to visit the official Websites of the Department for agriculture, the government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Now you will redirect to the homepage.
- On the homepage, you have to click on Apply for YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme.
- So a new will open along with the application form.
- Now you have to fill up the Application form with the required details, like your name, email ID, mobile number, address, etc.
- Kindly upload all the needed documents.
- After that, click on SUBMIT.
- Finally, you have been successfully applying for YSR free Crop Insurance Scheme.
Process to Check the Payment Status
- All the candidates have to visit their bank branch with their passbooks.
- Then you need to print your passbook.
- So you can print your passbook by yourself or you can ask a Bank official to print it.
- After that, just check the statements/Entries in your passbook.
- Now you have to check and find out if you have received the benefit amount of the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme or not.
- You can even directly go to the bank official with your account number and ask him about the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme benefit amount
- He or she will let you know if you have received the benefit amount or not.
How to check YSR Free Crop Insurance Beneficiary List?
- Navigate the official website of the navasakam by Click Here.
- The homepage will open in front of you.
- So click on the “Beneficiary list” option from the homepage.
- Now a new page will open before you.
- On this page, you need to select your District, Mandal, Village, block, etc
- Kindly click on Submit.
- Finally, the Beneficiary list will be on your computer screen.
For more details or in case of any query or complaint related to the YSR Free Crop Insurance Scheme, feel free to contact on the below-given details:
- Agriculture Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh
- Commissioner and Director of Agriculture Department,
- Old Mirchi Yard
- Nallapadu Road, Chuttagunta,
- Guntur- 522004
- Email id: [email protected]