West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme
West Bengal government provides an amount of Rs. 1,000 as pension to the widows of the state. The pension to the widows of the state is provided by the Department of Women & Child Development and Social Welfare. This amount is provided to the widows of the state to get basic things in life. This helps them be financially independent. Most the women are dependent on their husbands for their Income source. And do not able to get a job after the demise of their husband. It helps them to get their daily essentials with this money. Full details on the scheme are given below in the article.
WB Widow Pension Scheme Required Documents
These are the required documents for Bidhwa Pension West Bengal:
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Account Details
- Death Certificate of the Husband of Widow
- BPL Ration Card
- Resident Proof
- Proof of Income (from panchayat)
- Any of the following documents:
- Voters’ ID Card issued by the Election Commission of India
- Ration Card
- Bank Passbook with Photo (Kisan Photo Passbook also valid)
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department
- Driving Licence
- MGNREGA Card
Eligibility Criteria for the WB Bidhoba Bhata
You should be eligible on all of these aspects to be able to get benefits:
- The candidate should be a permanent resident of the State of West Bengal (A minimum of 10 years as a resident of WB).
- The monthly Income of the Applicant must not exceed the amount of Rs. 1,000.
- No one is there to take care of the Applicant.
- Applicant must not be having benefits from any other Pension provided by state or Center government.
West Bengal Widow Pension Apply Online – Application Form
To apply for Bidhoba Bhata in west Bengal follow these steps:
- Firstly you need to get the application form for Widow Pension.
- To get the Application form Click Here.
- You can get the application form Offline from:
- Block Development Officer(Rural Areas)
- office of the controller of West Bengal (If the applicant resides within the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation)
- Sub-Divisional Officer of the concerned Panchayat Samity (In case the applicant resides outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation)
- Fill out the application form with the correct information.
- Attach all the documents that are asked with the application.
- Submit the application form to the concerned authority of your locality.
Your information on your application will be verified by the officials and if everything is right you will be provided with a pension.
Note – There is no method to apply online for a Widow pension in West Bengal. You can only download the application form for the pension online.
Check West Bengal Bidhoba Bhata Pension Application Status
To check the application status after submitting your application form you can check the status of your application by following the process:
- First visit the official website of the West Bengal Social Welfare Pension.
- Now Search for the Track Application tab and click on it.
- On the next page you will need to enter your Application ID and click on the Submit Button.
- Finally, your application status will appear on your device screen.
Information on Nodal Ministry
Department of Women & Child Development and Social Welfare
BikashBhawan, North Block, 10th floor
DF Block, Sector-1, Salt Lake City, Kolkata, West Bengal 700091
West Bengal Widow Pension Scheme – Important Links
Official Website of Department of Women & Child Development and Social Welfare – Click Here
Application Form for Widow Pension – Click Here