West Bengal Old Age Pension
There are two different Old age pensions in the state of West Bengal. One is “Bardhoka Bhata” and another one is Joy Bengal Pension Yojana. Under the Joy Bengal Pension Yojana, there are two different pension schemes one is Taposili Bandhu (Pension Scheme) for Scheduled Caste (SC) and another one is Jai Johar (Pension Scheme) for Scheduled Tribe (ST). These schemes are provided by the state government of West Bengal to the Old Age people of the state. So that they can live an easy life and be independent without any pressure. This makes them Financially and socially independent.
WB Old Age Pension Required Documents
The required documents are as follows:
- Aadhar Card (Self Attested copy)
- Voter Id Card
- Bank Account Details (Applicants)
- Nomination Form
- Ration Card (BPL Cards)
- Passport Size Photograph
- Caste Certificate (in case of the Jai Johar Pension Scheme)
Eligibility for West Bengal Old Age Pension
The eligibility for the Pension is as follows:
- The age of the applicant must be 60 years minimum. And 55 years if the person is physically or mentally challenged).
- Applicants must not have anyone else to maintain them.
- The person must be a permanent resident of the state of West Bengal (minimum 10 years resident in West Bengal).
- He/She must belong to the BPL (Below Poverty Line).
- Should also belong to SC/ST for Jai Johar Scheme.
- The candidate must not be the beneficiary of any other state or center-funded pension scheme.
West Bengal Old Age Pension Apply Online
To apply for the West Bengal Old Age Pension Follow these steps:
- First, visit the official website of the Scheme.
- Now download the application form from the home page or Click Here to download the application form.
- Now fill out the application form with the correct information.
- Attach all the required documents with the application form.
- Finally submit the application form to the Block Development Officer (BDO) of your area (if rural).
- And if you live in an urban area submit the application form to the Sub-Divisional Officer under the Municipal Corporation.
- Your application and attached documents will be verified by the officials (District Magistrate) and if all the provided information is correct you will be provided the pension.
Benefits Under Old Age Pension
- Bardhoka Bhakta pension Yojana – Under this scheme, the government of West Bengal Provides an amount of Rs. 1,000.
- Jai Johar Pension – Under this scheme the government provides an amount of Rs. 1,000 per month.
How to check WB Old Age Pension Status?
- First visit the official website of the A&E West Bengal.
- On the home page click on Online Services > Pension > Status of Pension Cases.
- Pension status check form will appear on the next page.
- Out of three asked details (Application Number, Registered Mobile Number, and First Name as per SCF (Single Comprehensive Form), Date of Appointment, Date of Birth) you need to fill and enter the captcha code as well.
- Finally, click on the Submit Button.
Now you can check the status of your pension. Please verify your details and check the Status Column also check the Return Reasons column if any.
West Bengal Old Age Pension Important Links