West Bengal Marriage Registration has shifted offline process to online through the efforts of the Bengal government. Through this website, any eligible candidate can apply for a marriage certificate. This certificate has been used in various processes. You just need to visit the rgmwb.gov.in website and follow the registration process. you will learn the various process in this article about WB Marriage Registration, eligibility, documents, and other important details. Read this article for more details.
If you are a married couple then you can apply for the marriage certificate. There are some rules that have been designed by the government for couples on the basis of their religion. There is an act for Hindu followers called the Hindu Marriage Act 1955. Under this act Hindus, Sikhs, Jain, and Bodh people can apply. Some other acts have also been made like the Indian Christen Marriage Act 1872, and The Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act 1936. Christen can apply under the Christen Marriage Act and Parsi will be applicable for Parsi Marriage & Divorce Act. Another community comes under the Special Marriage Act
West Bengal Marriage Registration Online – Details
|Department Name||Law Department Register General of Marriages|
|Certificate Name||Marriage registration certificate|
|Released By||West Bengal|
|Category||State government scheme|
West Bengal Marriage Online Registration – Eligibility
- The age of the bride should be 18 years and the groom’s age should be 21 years.
- One spouse at the time of marriage.
- At the time of marriage, neither party is incapable of giving a valid consent
- Both have lived for at least one month.
West Bengal Marriage Online Registration 2023 – Documents
- Birth Certificate
- Photograph of Bride and Groom
- Copy of invitation Card
- Permanent Address Proof
- Aadhaar Card
- Present Address Proof
- Signature of Bride and Groom
West Bengal Marriage Registration 2023- Application fee
|Within 2 Months of the Wedding||Rs.200|
|After 2 Months of the Wedding||Rs. 400|
West Bengal Marriage Registration Online Apply
- In the first place you need to visit the official website of the West Bengal Law Department Register General of Marriages.
- You will see a new page.
- Then you need to click on the “register your marriage” option
- You can see this option on the right-hand side in the mid of the page
- On the new page, Click “click here to apply online” .
- Here read the instructions and move on.
- Now click on Proceed option.
- On this page, you need to select the act under which you wish to apply for the registration
- Then enter details of on this form like name, father’s name, date of birth, registration, email, phone number, religion, nationality, Aadhar number, etc.
- Then upload the documents.
- This was the first part of the form. in the second part of the firm, you have to give details like wife (bride) such as name, father name, date of birth, registration, email, phone number, religion, nationality, Aadhar number, etc.
- Then upload the document of bride.
- In the third part of the form, you have to mentione some other marriage details like location of social marriage, date, invitation card, etc.
- Fourth part is related to your child details but it is not mandatory. You may skip this.
- The select groom’s address or bride’s address option in the form.
- You need to choose one of them.
- Then select marriage officer type, district, sub-district, work area, block, police station, and gram panchayat.
- This will be a final step in which you have to enter detail of registration, “office of the marriage officer” , select registration locationor “outside the office of the marriage officer (within his/ her jurisdiction.
- After that, you will have to enter street/locality name, work area, premises name & number, gram panchayat, district, sub-district, block, police station, village, and post office.
- Now you have to select office hours of the marriage officer. You can also select “beyond office hours of the marriage officer”.
- In the last step, click on the submit button.
- Take a printout of your application form.
West Bengal Marriage Registration – Helpline Number