West Bengal Disability/Handicapped Pension
The government of West Bengal provides pensions to the Disabled people of the state. The pension to the disabled people is provided by the state government under Protibondhi Bhata. The government of West Bengal provides an amount of Rs. 1,000 per month to the eligible people of the state. The pension by the state government helps disabled people to get food, education, and many more necessary things that are important to the disabled people. In the article below the full detail of the scheme is given.
Required Documents for West Bengal Disability Pension
- Aadhar Card
- Resident Proof for the Applicant
- BPL Ration Card
- Passport Size Photograph
- Income Proof
- Bank Account Details (Passbook)
- Disability Certificate
Eligibility Criteria for the WB Protibondhi Bhata / Disability Pension
The candidate who wants to apply for the scheme must fulfill all the criteria below:
- The candidate should be a Permanent resident of the State of West Bengal. (Living in West Bengal for at least 10 years)
- The candidate must have a disability of at least 40%. (Declared by the respective medical officer)
- Handicapped person must belong to the BPL category.
- Family Income of the candidate must not exceed the amount of Rs. 1,000 per month.
- The person should not be getting any other pension from the center of state government.
Professional beggars are not eligible for the scheme.
Note – To download the application form of Protibondhi Bhata (Disabled Pension West Bengal) Click Here
Apply for West Bengal Disability Pension – Form PDF
To apply for the Disabled pension West Bengal Handicapped Pension follow these steps:
- First go to the official website of the Department of Women and Child Development and Social Welfare.
- Next on the home page hover over the menu button and click on the Download option to download the application form.
- Click Here to download the Handicapped pension application form directly.
- To get the application form offline visit the:
- Block Development Officer or the Executive Officer (For Rural Areas).
- Office of the Sub-Divisional Officer (If the applicant resides in Municipal / Notified areas outside the areas of Kolkata Municipal Corporation)
- Office of the Controller of Vagrancy, West Bengal (if the applicant resides within the areas under Kolkata Municipal Corporation)
- Fill out the application form correctly.
- Attach all the required documents with the application form.
- submit it to the concerned officer in the Department Of Panchayats & Rural Development.
- Your given details and attached documents will be verified by the concerned officer.
- If all is correct the beneficiary shall be issued a pension passbook.
West Bengal Disability Pension Application Status Check
To check the application status of Protibondhi Bhata follows these steps:
- To check the application status follow these steps:
- First visit the official website of the Department of Women and Child Development and Social Welfare.
- On the home page search for the Track Application option and click on it.
- Enter your application ID on the next page and click on the Submit Button.
- Your application status will be on your device screen.
West Bengal Disability Pension – Important Links