The Tamil Nadu government created the “Amma Two Wheeler Scheme” to allow working women to purchase women-friendly two-wheelers at a discounted price. The program makes it easier for working women to commute to work. The system exclusively accepts gearless or auto-geared cars because simplicity is its primary guiding principle. This article provides information about the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme advantages, eligibility requirements, and application process, as well as how to download the online application form.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Application Form 2023
The program was introduced in February 2018 to support the advancement of working women, particularly those from the poorer sections of society. Under this program, qualified applicants may receive a discount on the purchase of a two-wheeler up to a maximum of 50% or Rs. 25,000, whichever is less. The women with disabilities may also use three-wheeled modified two-wheelers. The remaining cost of the vehicle must be covered by the applicants, either through a bank loan or their own money.
Overview on Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
|Name of the scheme||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|Launched by||Government of Tamil Nadu state|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of Tamil Nadu state (women)|
|Objective||To provide vehicles to women|
Specifications Of Two Wheeler under this scheme
In accordance with the programme, you may select any brand-new gearless or automatically geared vehicle as long as it meets the requirements listed below:
- Engine size: no larger than 125 cc
- Registered: In accordance with the 1988 Motor Vehicles Act
- Date of Production: Products must be produced on or after January 1, 2018.
- Emission: Must adhere to the most recent regulations.
- Retrofitted three-wheeled scooter for the disabled.
Features Of Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The Tamil Nadu government intends to empower working women through this project, especially those from disadvantaged backgrounds. The advantages of the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme are listed below:
- The government will help 1 lakh women every year.
- 50% of the scooter’s price, or Rs. 25,000, whichever is less, will be subsidised. (Free government funding provided for the purchase of an Amma scooter)
- All Tamil Nadu residents can get benefits form Amma Two Wheeler Scheme whether they belong to urban or rural areas.
- Direct crediting of the subsidy to the beneficiary’s bank account.
- Women with disabilities can purchase a three-wheeled scooter that has been modified.
- can use a bank loan or their own money to pay the remaining balance.
Eligibility Criteria for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Registration
Tamilnadu government has decided the eligibility criteria for applying under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme. So if you are a citizen of Tamilnadu and want to apply in this scheme then you should read carefully the following criteria:
- First of all the Applicant should be a woman living in Tamilnadu state.
- The age should be under 18 to 40 years old.
- Annual income should not exceed from 2.5 Lakh.
- The applicants have to appear in examination of 8 class. No matter if the applicant passed the exam or fail in exam. she has to appear in only examinations.
- The applicant should carry a valid driving license of two wheeler vehicle.
Other criteria for selecting your application form
The Tamil Nadu government has specified beneficiaries for the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme in addition to the eligibility requirements. The details are as follows:
- women who are actively involved for a living wage or activity employment, either individually or collectively.
- women who travel a long commute.
- The family’s main source of revenue comes from their earnings.
- women who are listed as employees in both the formal and informal industries.
- women working in businesses and stores.
- female entrepreneurs who work in small-scale trades.
- Women who work for governmental agencies, for-profit businesses, community-based organisations, or for daily pay, consolidated salaries, or contract positions in places like:
- Federations at the Panchayat Level
- Makkal Kattral Maiyam Mavatta
- Committees for reducing poverty in villages.
- ASHA workers and Banking correspondents/Banking Facilitators.
- Priority will be given to working women who are:
- Residing in remote areas or hilly regions
- Differently Abled
- Unmarried aged above 35 years
- Household heads
Special Reservation Under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
there are total three reservation slabs in this scheme. if you are one of following then you will get benefit of reservation under this scheme.
- Women who belong to Schedule Caste will get 21% Reservation.
- Women who belong to Schedule Tribe will get 1% Reservaton.
- And for those who are disabled or differently abled will get 4% Reservation.
Documents For Online Apply Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
Applicant must carry the following documents before applying:
- Proof of Age Aadhar, voter id card. birth certificate etc.
- Residence proof (EPIC card, driver’s licence, Aadhaar card, and utility bills in the applicant’s name)
- a driver’s licence or a learner’s permit granted by the appropriate government.
- income certificate from the employer, or one that has been attested by the applicant.
- In the case of salaried or wage employment, proof of employment issued by the employer, organisation, project head, or society.
- the Aadhaar card.
- Evidence of educational background or 8th-grade exam results (SSLC, Transfer Certificate, etc.).
- a photo the size of a passport.
- Proof that you belong to the priority category, as appropriate.
- Local certificate (in case of SC or ST)
- ID for people with disabilities issued by the appropriate government.
- quotation for an invoice or pro forma invoice for the automobile.
Download Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Application Form PDF
To download the application form for the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme especially for applicants living in rural areas, visit the Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women or
Tamilnadu government is collecting the application form of the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme via offline mode or physical mode. So you have to Download Application form from the official website of Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women or you can collect it from the department also.
- Amma Two Wheeler Scheme (Application Form Rural) or (Application Form Urban)
- Amma Two Wheeler Scheme Field Verification Form PDF
- Amma Scooter Scheme Subsidy Claim Form PDF
Application Procedure For Amma Two Wheeler Scheme 2023
- The application form is available for free at all Block Offices, Urban Local Body Offices, and Collectorates. You can download it from the official website (http://www.tamilnadumahalir.org/) or pick it up there.
- Complete the application form and deliver it in person to the appropriate Block Offices or Urban Local Body Offices, or mail it using Speed or Registered Post. On all working days, from 10 am to 5 pm, a specific counter will be set up in each of these offices to accept applications.
- The acknowledgement receipt will be filled out and signed after a special application number is given. Take a copy of the acknowledgment receipt, please.
Amma Two Wheeler Application form: Rural Area
Visit the Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women or use these links to download the application form for the Amma Two-Wheeler Scheme, which is specifically for applicants who live in rural regions.
- First of all paste your passport size photograph at the designated area of the application form.
- Enter the name of the district, block, or village panchayat to which you belong, as well as your own personal information, including your name, your father’s or husband’s name, your sex (whether you’re a woman or transgender), your permanent home address, and other information.
- Add other information, such as the model of scooter you intend to purchase and its price, as well as whether you plan to pay cash for the scooter or borrow money from a bank or other financial institution. Include the vehicle’s invoice quote and the contact information for the bank where you could be considering borrowing money. Add the information about your bank savings account.
- Enter the information for the documents that are attached to the application form now.
- Enter the date, place and sign the application form.
Download the Urban Areas Application Form
Visit the Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women website or use these links to get the Amma 2-Wheeler application form for people who live in urban areas (cities).
- Place your passport-size photo in the space provided on the application.
- Enter your district, the name of the corporation, municipality, or town panchayat where you reside, your ward, and personal information such your name, the name of your father or husband, your residence, your date of birth, your educational background, etc.
- Enter your DL or LL information, the sort of two-wheeler you intend to purchase, the vehicle’s invoice quotation, bank information if you plan to use one to borrow the remaining amount, your bank account information, and other details.
- For all supporting documents, including your Aadhaar number, DL/LL, community certificate, evidence of education, etc., enter “Yes.”
- Add the date and place, then sign the application.
Apply For Subsidy under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The Amma 2-Wheeler Scheme subsidy will be granted and paid in your loan or bank account after getting the registration certificate and completing the physical verification of the vehicle purchase.
- You can download from these sources or go to the Tamil Nadu Corporation for Development of Women website.
- Enter the application number, as well as your personal information, including your name, address, father’s or husband’s name, the make and model of the vehicle, and so on.
- Enter the vehicle’s registration number, the date of registration, your DL information, and whether you paid cash for the car out of pocket or with a bank loan. If the purchase was financed by a bank loan, you must include the loan account information.
- Enter your bank information, including account number, account type, branch name, and IFSC code, followed by the vehicle’s on-road price and the subsidy amount.
- Make sure to have the bank manager’s or the finance company’s signature, together with the seal or stamp, on the subsidy claim form before signing it.
Field Verification For Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
The field verification form should only be used in the office. It serves as a checklist for the field personnel to document all of their observations and determine whether all of the information you gave was accurate.
Checklist for Field Verification
- Age (Whether between 18 to 40)
- Name and address of the applicant’s home
- Employment Information
- Income (Annual Income in Rupees)
- Driving License / LLR Number and Issue Date
- Priority Class
- General field staff observations