Tamil Nadu Disabled Pension 2023
The government of Tamil Nadu provides disability pensions to the disabled people of the State. This helps them get livelihood like food, education, and many more necessary things for life. Disabled People in Tamil Nadu get an amount of Rs. 1,000 per month. This helps them upliftment of their socioeconomic status. All details on the scheme are given below.
Eligibility Criteria for Viklang Pension in Tamil Nadu
These are the eligibility criteria for the Scheme:
- Age of the Applicant must be above 18 years
- The applicant must be Disabled 40% or above.
- He/She must not own a property
- cannot earn a livelihood
- The person should not possess any property worth more than Rs.5,000/-
- The person with total blindness can get this pension without any age limit.
- Who lost both their legs do not need any medical certificate to get this pension.
Tamil Nadu Handicapped Pension – Documents
The required documents list for TN Disability Pension is given below:
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card (BPL)
- Voter ID
- Disability certificate of the Applicant
- Three Passport Size Photos
- Medical certificate from specialized doctors(Photo Copy)
- Proof of Age
- Recent attested photograph showing the disability affixed here.
- Domicile certificate as per requirement
- Three passport size photographs of the applicant.
- Bank Account Details of the Applicant
Allowance for Tamil Nadu Handicapped Pension
The allowance like Pension amount and other things provided under this scheme are the following:
- To the person who is visually impaired or has physical disabilities is given monthly financial assistance of Rs. 1,000.
- For people with multiple disabilities, the amount is Rs 1,500 per month.
- Monthly 2-kg rice for those who partake in the noon meal scheme, 4-kg for those who do not.
Tamil Nadu Disability Pension Scheme – Apply Online
To apply for Disability Pension Scheme in Tamil Nadu follow the steps below:
- First go to the official website of the Differently-abled Welfare Scheme.
- Now got to the section Maintenance allowance.
- Now download the application form according to the disability of the applicant.
- After that fill in all details asked in the application form.
- Attach all the documents asked. (List of required documents given above).
- Now Application with documents to be given to the Taluk office.
All the filled details and documents will be verified by the officials.
Following the approval, the pension will be remitted monthly through cash on the the15th of every month irrespective of it being a holiday at the concerned G.P. Headquarters or BDO office in the rural areas and the Municipality / N.A.C. office in an urban area or credited directly into a bank account as per state norms.
In case of rejection of the application, the applicant is duly informed.
Note – Eligible applicants shall contact the DISTRICT DIFFERENTLY ABLED WELFARE OFFICE in their area. Consult with the authorities for an updated process for applying.
Tamil Nadu Disability Pension – Application Status
To track the Application status for Tamil Nadu Disability Pension Follow the steps below:
If you are a pensioner in the state of Tamil Nadu and you are looking for the ECS status of your pension then you can track it online without visiting any concerned government department.
To get your ECS Status online you have to follow the given procedure-
- Firstly you need to visit the official website of the Tamil Treasury department To visit directly Click Here.
- You will need to click on ECS Status.
- Here three options will appear in front of you and you have to select the “ECS status for pensioners” link.
- After that status login page will appear.
- You need to enter the relevant information. These details include PPO (Pension Payment Order) no., name, district, and other related details.
- Now Click on the “Submit button”.
- ECS status for pensioner will appear on your device screen.
Tamil Nadu Physically handicapped pension – Helpline
Greater Chennai Corporation,
Sydenhams Rd, KannapparThidal,
Periyamet, Chennai – 600003,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Helpline : +91 044-25619300 / 044-25384438
e-mail: [email protected]