As we all know that India is an agriculture-oriented country. Therefore, the Government of India from time to time initiates various kinds of programmes. Through these schemes they mainly focuses on farmers welfare. The soil is one of the most essential factor that decides the cultivation as well as productivity of any crop at the end of every season. Checking soil health is most important thing to do for any farmer in order to have a good crop. In this regard the Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi had announced the Soil Health Card Scheme (SHC) on 19th of February 2015 at Suratgarh, Rajasthan. Today in this article we will provide you all details about Social Health Card Scheme 2023. Such as it’s objective, benefits and features as well as online application procedure.
The Soil Health Card Scheme 2023
The Central Government of India has released a new scheme named as Health Card Scheme (SHC). It is one of the great initiative of Ministry of Agriculture under the guidance of Indian PM Narendra Modi. The Department of Agriculture and Co-operation has promoted this scheme. The Department of Agriculture will look after the implementation of this scheme in all of the states and union territories of India.
The Prime Minister has inaugurated this SHC scheme in order to provide assistance to the farmers. Through this health card scheme the farmers can easily understand the nutrient status of their land soil. As a result, they can decide what kind of crops they should plant in their soil and obtain maximum yield from harvesting it. This SHC scheme 2023 also assist the farmers to get a clear idea about the dosage of fertilisers and changes needed to manage the soil health in longer period.
Key Highlights Of Soil Health Card Scheme
|Name of The Scheme||The Health Card (SHC) Scheme 2023|
|Kind of Yojana||A Centrally Funded Agricultural Yojana|
|Concerned Authority||The Department of Agriculture, Cooperation And Farmers Welfare|
|Ministry||The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Government Of India|
|Aim||Free Cheking of Soil (Issuing soil health cards to farmers to know the current condition of soil health and provide fruitful measures to improve soil fertility and income of farmers )|
|Area Included||PAN India|
|Date of Launch||19th February 2015|
|Allowance of Soil Health Card||Once Every 2 Year|
|Official Website Portal||soilhealth.dac.gov.in|
Major Aim of Soil Health Card Scheme 2023
Due to a lack of proper education, large number of farmers in India are unaware about the outcome of their yield cultivation. Therefore a Soil Health Card help them in understanding the nutrient level of their soil. Along with this they also get to know about the amount of fertilisers required to obtain the best yield. The government provides this soil health card to all the farmers once every two years. This SHC scheme aims to make soil testing facilities accessible at every farmers’ doorsteps.
The Important Features of Soil Health Card Scheme
- The Central Government of India has funded this scheme. It is therefore implemented in all states of our country.
- The government issues this SHC to all the farmers once every two years. This card is a printed report which consist of soil details of all landholdings of any farmer.
- With the inauguration of this scheme, farmers can now get to know about the conditions of soil health and also obtain recommendations for improving the fertility.
- This scheme highly promotes the sustainable agriculture due to less use of chemical fertilisers for increasing productivity.
- The concerned authorities check 12 main standards of soil during the testing of soil samples.
Eligibility Criteria For Soil Health Card Scheme
- All Village youth as well as farmers up to 40 years of age can apply for this Soil Health Card Scheme. The Central along with particular State Governments will definitely fund 75% of laboratory costs.
Major Benefits of SHC Scheme 2023
- The SHC scheme is very useful scheme. As the Soil report given to farmers help them in deciding which crops they should cultivate in order to maintain soil fertility.
- The concerned department monitors the soil regularly. They also updates farmers with the latest data about their soil.
- Consequently the Farmers get to know about the changes in nature of soil from available data.
- The government-employed experts guides farmers to practice any restorative measures if needed.
- Now all the Farmers can plan the future of their crops as well as land after reading the soil health report.
Process To Apply For The Soil Health Card Scheme
In order to avail the benefits of this Soil Health Card scheme. You need to follow the below mentioned simple procedure –
- First of all open the official Soil Health Card Scheme website portal. Now at the homepage kindly click on the login button. That is- soilhealth.dac.gov.in.
- After that you need to select your state and click on ‘Continue’ button. Now, select ‘Register New User’ from the login page.
- Consequently the application page will appear in front of you. In that form enter your details such as User Organisation Details, Language, User Information, User Login Account Details as well as some other Details. After that, click on ‘Submit’.
- Then you need to login with your User id and password from the login option on the homepage.
- Lastly, you will see an option to apply online for the Soil Health Card. From there you can easily apply for this scheme.
One of the most important thing about this SHC Scheme 2023 is that it led to an 8-10% decline in use of chemical fertilisers for increasing productivity as per the survey of National Productivity Council (NPC). We have provided all details about Soil Health Card scheme if anyone is still having any kind of issues then you can easily contact us through the comment section given below.