Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana 2023 – The scheme is started by the government of Maharashtra. Many times due to various reasons people are unable to pay their electricity bills. So the government official takes action against them and cut their electricity connection. And also put a heavy penalty on them monthly. As the months pass the bill gets so big that it is impossible to pay for the consumer. To tackle this problem government of Maharashtra has brought a scheme. So that people are able to pay their electricity bills easily. The people who are unable to pay bills will not need to pay penalties or interest on the late bill. Also, they will be able to pay it in installments. In the article below we will tell full information on this scheme. We will tell you the application process for the scheme, the benefits, and more about this scheme.
Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana 2023
Shri Vilsrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana is a government of Maharashtra scheme. Under this scheme, the government of Maharashtra will give benefits to the people of Maharashtra. The people who did not pay their electricity bills lost their electricity connection. And now are not paying their bills as they have to pay penalties or interest on their electricity bills. Now after this scheme these people will not need to pay a penalty on their electricity bills. The people who lost their connection before December 31, 2021, will be the beneficiaries under this scheme. These people will get their electricity connection back after that. The full details of this scheme are given in this article. So read the article below to get the benefits of the scheme.
Overview of Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana
|Scheme Name||Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana|
|Launched By||Government Of Maharashtra|
|Scheme Time Period||1st March to 31st August 2023|
|Objective||To Waive Of Late Fees Payment And Interest For Electricity Bill|
|Mode Of Application||Online|
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of Maharashtra
- The electricity connection of the person must have been permanently disconnected before 31st December 2021 due to the nonpayment of the electricity bill.
- Aadhar Card
- Ration card
- Electricity bill
- Income certificate
- Residence certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Mobile number
- Email Id etc.
Objective Of Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana
The objectives of Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana are following:
- The first and foremost objective of the scheme is to waive off the late fees payment and interest on electricity bills for the customers whose electricity connection has been permanently disconnected.
- The people who lost their electricity bills can pay their bills without worrying about late fees or interest.
- The remaining electricity bills can be paid in installments.
- So the beneficiaries will be able to get their connection again.
Outstanding Electricity Bill Amount In The Circle
|Board/Mandal||Number of customers||Outstanding amount|
|Nagpur Gramin Mandal||44,997||Rs 58.24 crore|
|Nagpur city division||82.862||Rs 135.83 crore|
|Wardha division||28.137||Rs 31.90 crore|
Benefits And Features of the Scheme
- Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Yojana will help in order to recover the outstanding electricity bills.
- This scheme will help those citizens whose electricity connections is permanently disconnected before 31st December 2021. They will be provided a waiver of interest and late fees on the outstanding bill.
- Citizens will be motivated to pay electrycity bills.
- The government is going to provide a 100% interest and late fees waiver to the consumers if they depositing the principal amount in one go.
- Customers with High tension connection will get an additional 5% discount.
- If the consumers deposit 30% of the principal balance in one go than he can pay remaining balance in 6 installments.
Procedure To Apply Under Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana
To apply for Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana follow the steps below:
- Firstly, visit the official website of the Mahavitaran.
- Now on the homepage click on the New Registration option.
- On the next page, you need to enter your consumer number, mobile number, email id, login, and password, etc.
- Now click on the login option.
- Now you need to log in.
- Click on the Login option.
- Now enter your login credentials that are asked here.
- Next click on the login button.
- Your account where you added the consumer number will appear.
- Select the consumer number where you want to avail the benefit of the yojana.
- Now click on the Shri Vilasrao Deshmukh Abhay Yojana.
- After that, an application form will appear on your device screen.
- Fill out the application form with the correct information.
- After that upload all the required documents.
- Finally, click on the Submit Button.
- Your application process is complete now.