The Karnataka State Government has recently launched a new scheme named as Punyakoti Dattu Yojana on 28th of July, 2022. We all know that Cattle shelters hold a very special place in culture and history of India. Now a days the disappearance of various cow breeds has led to the illegal killing of cattle and cows abandonment by farmers suffering from financial problems. Therefore, the government has decided to take initiative to preserve our cattle wealth. Under this, he has inaugurated the “Punyakoti Dattu Yojana” It is a one-of-a-kind initiative that will provide opportunities to people to join hands with Karnataka government in order to show care for our cows and make the goshalas “Atma-nirbhar.”
Punyakoti Dattu Yojana 2023
- Prabhu Bhamla Chavan has inaugurated a cow program named as the Punyakoti Dattu Yojana on 28th of July.
- This initiative motivates private as well as public organizations to adopt some of the cows from goshalas (cow shelters). As the main aim of this program is to encourage general public to give better amenities to the cows in the cattle shelter.
- There are nearly 215 government-built cow sheds in Karnataka state, whose only purpose is to show genuine care for cows.
- This program will surely assist in the breeding of cows. Additionally, it will also help in preservation of the herd.
- Large number of private organizations are involved in animal husbandry and they leave their cows for some reasons. Hence, the Karnataka government came up with a great solution of adopting the cow’s scheme to protect cows and nurture them.
- The State Officials will adopt cows and care for them at various goshalas. Under these government goshalas there is a good deal to care for various needy and abandoned cows, male calves, elderly, as well as unhealthy cows.
- Under this program, interested people can adopt cattle. For this, they need to pay rupees 11,000 per animal, for a time period of one year. However, people can also select the length of time. This ranges from 3 months to 5 years.
- At the Punyakoti Dattu portal, people can now adopt a cow from any cow shelter, care them and also donate some amount for cow shelters.
Key Highlights Of Punyakoti Cow Adoption Scheme
|Name of the Scheme||Karnataka Punyakoti Dattu Yojana|
|Initiated By||Karnataka Animal Husbandry Minister Prabhu Bhamla Chavan|
|Launch Date||28th July 2023|
|Aim||To Adopt Cows|
|Mode Of Application||Online/ Offline|
|Official Website Portal||punyakoti.karahvs.in|
Aim Of Punyakoti Dattu Yojana Karnataka
The major objective of this scheme is to motivate general public and private organizations to adopt some of the cattle for cow Shelters. Through this initiative Karnataka state will surely save a lot of cows.
Karnataka Punyakoti Dattu Yojana Adopting a Cow
By Adopting any cow: people can provide:
- Nourishing Supplementation
- Regular Check-up Facility, and the facility of Medication
- Donate Rs 11,000 for each cow over the period of one year.
- People can select a term ranging from 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, or 1 year, all the way up to only 5 years.
Benefits Of Punyakoti Dattu Yojana Karnataka
- Under this program, the government encourages the citizens to preserve cow shelters and provide basic supplementation facilities for these shelters in order to make them financially viable.
- Any resident of Karnataka state can adopt cow by paying 11,000 Rs. per animal at any cow shelter coming under the Punyakoti Adoption Portal.
- People can now contribute nearly 10 rupees to any go fuels at the Punyakoti Adoption official website.
- The online Portal provides three benefits. Mainly- to adopt any cow, feed any cow and lastly people can also donate their cow to cow shelters.
Required Documents For Punyakoti Dattu Yojana Karnataka
In order to apply online under this scheme people need to provide the below mentioned documents-
- ID Card
- Aadhar Card
- Proof of Addres
- Mobile Number
Adopt a Cow Under Punyakoti Dattu Yojana Karnataka
- Now any interested person can adopt a cow. For this they need to visit the official website portal Punyakoti Dattu Yojana.
- At the homepage, you need to click on the option to adopt a cow.
- After selecting it, a new page will open in front of your screen.
- Consequently you will get the Online Application for adopting a cow. Kindly fill it.
- Firstly, you need to select the type of cow and cow breed that you want to adopt.
- Following that choose the cow’s age at the correct box
- Also, there will be an option of entrance type or the sort of cow needed.
- Now click on the checkbox beneath the adoption menu.
- After selecting you need to click the search button.
- As a result a list of cows will appear in front of you. You can choose one by clicking on the adopt button underneath the cow image.
- After selecting the image, a website will open with details about the cow. This includes its breed, gender, age, date of birth, and admittance type, as well as the goshala name.
- Following that you will get the option of adopting that cow for a 3-month period, 6-month 9-month, or 1 to 5 years. Select any of the option.
- Then you need to provide your personal details, such as your mobile phone number, full name, and email id.
- Now click on the checkbox to agree to all terms and conditions.
- After that click on the Proceed button to complete your process.
- As a result a new page for payment will open before your screen.
- You will get a receipt after making payment. Kindly save it for future.
- Lastly, visit the goshala and then show them the receipt and they will provide you the cow.
Process To Feed Cow Through Portal
According to this scheme, the cost of cow’s feed per day is 70 rupees. The process to feed a cow is as mentioned below-
- Firstly, visit the official website portal of PUNYAKOTI DATTU YOJANA.
- Now a new page will appear in front of your screen.
- At the homepage, click on the option of Feed a Cow.
- After that you can select a district from the drop-down menu.
- Consequently a list of districts along with the goshala name and the total number of cows open before you.
- Now you need to select the number of cows and feed and then click on the option of pay now.
- As a result a pop-up window appear with the name of the payment information.
- At there you need to fill in the basic information such as your 10-digit mobile number, your name and email address.
- After that click on confirmation of terms and agreements option and pay now.
- After making payment, you will receive an E-Receipt. One can also download their E receipt.
Process To Donate a Cow to a Gowshala Through Portal
- At first, open the official website page of PUNYAKOTI DATTU YOJANA.
- As a result a new page will appear front of you.
- At the homepage, kindly click on the option of donate to a Gaushala.
- Now you can select a district first by clicking the dropdown menu.
- Consequently, a list of Goshala will open along with it’s image.
- You will have two options. Either You Wish to adopt or give. Click on donate button.
- Now the cow shelter’s story will appear. This includes all relevant details about the cow shelter.
- After that form will appear, fill that out.
- First, you need to choose the donation received from the drop-down menu.
- Then you need to specify the purpose of your donation, like for medical expenses, upkeep, or cattle feed and extras, and any other reason.
- Following that, you need to select the amount you want to donate.
- Now enter your 10-digit mobile number, complete name, and email Id. Lastly click on the donate button. Through this way you easily donate for cows.