Punjab Widow Pension Application Form, Eligibility, Status, and Pension Status – Punjab government provides pensions to many different sections of the society. As many sections of the society are not able to earn for themselves for different reasons. The government of Punjab also provides pensions to the widows of the state. This helps them fulfill their financial needs. And make them financially independent. Punjab government provides an amount of Rs. 1,000 per month to the eligible widows of the state. The main objective of the scheme is to give financial assistance to the widows of the state after the death of their Husbands. Pension also helps in improving the living standards of the family of the Widows. This helps them fulfill the financial needs of their family. And this also helps in women’s empowerment in society.
In this article, we are going to tell you about the scheme in great detail. We will tell you the application process, Eligibility, Required Documents, and Pension Status. So stick to the end of the article to know about the scheme in full detail.
Punjab Widow Pension Scheme
The Punjab government provides pensions to the widows of the state. The welfare of the underprivileged communities depends on the government of the state. Under this scheme, the Punjab government provides an amount of Rs. 1,000 per month to the widows of the state. This scheme aims to provide financial assistance to the widows of the state as they have no one to take care of after the death of their husbands. Full details on the pension scheme are in the article below:
Overview of the Punjab Widow Pension
|Name of the Scheme||Widow Pension Scheme|
|Scheme by||State government of Punjab|
|Beneficiaries||Widows of the state of Punjab|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|Pension Amount||Rs. 1,000 per month|
Punjab Widow Pension Apply Online Required Documents
Required Documents list for widow pension is given below:
- Id Card
- Aadhar Card
- Voter Id
- Voter list name
- Matriculation Certificate
- Birth Certificate (issued by the registrar of birth and death department)
- Death Certificate of deceased Husband
- Address Proof (Domicile, Ration Card, Aadhar card)
- Bank Details of the Applicant (bank account number)
- Self Declaration
- Passport Size Photograph
Eligibility Criteria for Punjab Vidhwa Pension
The person who wants to apply for the pension will need to fulfill all these criteria:
- Person must be a permanent resident of the state of Punjab.
- The age of the applicant must be below the age of 58 years.
- Applicant must be a BPL (Below Poverty Line) cardholder.
- The applicant must not be having benefits of any other pension scheme by the center or state government.
- Annual income of the applicant must not exceed Rs. 60,000.
Punjab Widow Pension Scheme Application Form
Follow the steps given below for the widow pension in the state of Punjab:
- First you need to visit the official Website of the government of Punjab.
- On the home page click on the Forms option.
- Now on the next page list of services will appear with the download option.
- On the next page select the “Pension Scheme” option from the Department of Social Security and Development of Women & Children to download the form.
- Download the Application form.
- Fill in all the details like Name of the Applicant, Father’s Name, Spouse Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, Age of the applicant, and Address of the applicant.
- Attach all the required documents with the application.
- Submit the application form with the attached documents to the concerned authorities.
Your information filled in the application and attached documents will be verified by the officials. If the information given is correct the person will be sanctioned with a pension.
The Objective of the Punjab Widow Pension Scheme
- The pension is to provide financial assistance to the widows of the state.
- Make the burden on the destitute women less.
- Financial Security for the widows of the state.
- Women Empowerment in the state.
Punjab Widow Pension Amount
Under the Widow pension Punjab government provides an amount of Rs. 1,000 per month to the beneficiaries.
Note – To download the application form for Punjab Widow Pension Click Here.
Punjab Widow Pension Scheme Helpline
Telephone Number: 0172-2608746, 2602726
Address: Department of Social Security and Development of Women and Children
SCO: 102-103, Behind Piccadilly Mall
Sector 34 A, Chandigarh