Project Tiger Yojana (प्रोजेक्ट टाइगर योजना) details will be discussed on this page. In today’s article, we are going to explain to you about the Project Tiger Launched Date, Features, Objectives, etc. Also, we will tell you about the Tiger Reserves In India List PDF (टाइगर रिजर्व इन इंडिया लिस्ट PDF). Along with that, you will get to know about the important measures taken under this yojana to make this project successful. So we request all the readers who want to know about this project more in detail. Kindly keep on reading this article ahead to get complete details related to Project Tiger ( Save Tiger).
Project Tiger Yojana
The government of India has launched a yojana called “Project Tiger” (Save Tiger Project) on 7 April 1973. Under this, initially, 9 tiger reserves were created in order to save tigers. Today their number has increased to 32. According to government figures, in 2014 the number of tigers was 2200. And currently, the number of the tiger population has increased to more than 2500. However, this was only possible because of the hard work behind the “Project Tiger”. Numerous efforts are being carried out to save their species, and Project Tiger is an important movement aimed at the Wildlife conservation of tigers in India.
It is a central government-sponsored project. The general scheme of the Project, therefore, involved setting up several tiger reserves. Each of which would include a ‘core’ area free from all human use and a ‘buffer’ area. Under which conservation-oriented land use was to be allowed. The reserves were finally chosen so as to include as many bio-geographic types of areas as possible in the distribution range of the tigers in the country. The other consideration was the amenability of the specific area to concerted conservation action.
Key Highlights of Project Tiger
|Name||Project Tiger (Save Tiger)|
|Launched By||Government of India|
|Initiated By||Indra Gandhi Govt.|
|Launched Date||April 1973|
|Objective||To promote conservation of the tigers|
|Benefit||To increase the population of tigers in India|
|Total Number of Tiger Reserves in India||Approx. 50|
|Post category||Click Here|
Objectives And Features of Project Tiger Yojana
Under this, we have mentioned all the objectives and features of launching this yojana in India:-
- The much-needed project was launched in Jim Corbett National Park, Uttrakhand under the leadership of Indira Gandhi.
- Therefore, the objectives of Project Tiger were clear- saving Royal Bengal Tigers from getting extinct.
- Also, project aims were at ensuring a viable population of the tiger in its natural habitats and protecting it from extinction.
- This project ensures the survival and maintenance of the Tiger population in India.
- Also, preserving areas of biological importance as a natural heritage represent the diversity of ecosystems across the tiger’s range in the country.
- However, the ultimate purpose was to save the tiger population from extinction in India.
Important Measures Taken Under the Project Tiger
- As the number of tigers is decreasing day by day, we need to take preventive measures to save them from getting extinct.
- Numerous efforts are being carried out to save their species, and Project Tiger is an important movement aimed at the Wildlife conservation of tigers in India.
- The habitat required by the Tigers should be made proper, and any cutting of trees in that area should be avoided.
- Being the national animal of India, it is our duty that safeguards the wildlife properly.
- Many projects taken by India have led to a decrease in the depletion of tigers.
- Many conservation areas were created to make sure that no human could enter the area and do any harm to the tiger or its habitat.
- The major cause of their depletion is humans, and so all the conservation areas are made human free.
- They made sure that the place that tigers lived in was also safe and secure.
Tiger Reserves In India List PDF (टाइगर प्रोजेक्ट इन इंडिया लिस्ट)
There are more than fifty national parks and sanctuaries that are involved in this project. Below we have mentioned the list of Tiger Reserves In India:-
|Achanakmar||Dandeli Anshi||Sanjay- Dubri||Mudumalai||Nagarhole (Karnataka)|
|Rajaji||Orang||Kamlang||Ratapani Tiger Reserve||Sunabeda Tiger Reserve (Odisha)|
There were many obstacles in the project like poaching and the Forest Rights Act, but all were handled well by the government, and the project is running at full speed.
Project Tiger Important Achievements
The journey of increasing the tiger population has not been easy. Around the 1970s the tiger count was only one thousand and two hundred, but according to the recent census, it has increased to five thousand. In fact, there has been a thirty percent rise in the population in the last eight years. While the whole world is seeking methods of increasing the number of tigers, India has already started achieving milestones through Project Tiger.
Project Tiger has been successful in increasing the population of the tigers. The number has increased from 1200 to around 5000. The project team has been doing its work with full dedication, and all national parks are putting effort into doing the project. However, the project is still going on and will continue until the Tigers don’t come out of the endangered species category. Therefore, the world has recognized this project as the ‘Most successful project’.
Note – You can download the project tiger pdf by visiting the link given:- https://sabangcollege.ac.in/