Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme For MInorities: It is a scholarship that is given by the government. The welfare Minority has announced in 2006 under the Prime Minister’s new 15 points program. Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme is provided for the minority students community in India. This was a great initiative of the government to help Minority students by giving scholarships. After getting a scholarship, students can continue their higher education journey.
Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme For Minorities
In India, there is a high probability of dropout from college or school because of unbridled financial conditions. They could not even complete their high school education which will create adverse results for the Indian economy. Because it abates the rate of human capital. Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme is giving a hand-holding chance to the needy students of a Minority community. It works as a support for them and completing their higher education. A large part of the minority community comes from a disabled financial background which is called the economically weaker section. The government wants to provide them with a better opportunity. So that they can be employable in the future.
If we talk about the community name that is imparted as minorities, are Jains, Sikhs, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, and Zoroastrians (Parsis). If you belong to one of the communities then you can apply but you have to read out all the guidelines. For applying under Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme then you have to follow guidelines. In this post, I will make aware of you the Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme such as the last date, benefits, eligibility, required documents, term and conditions, and application procedure.
Brief Details Of Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities
|Scheme Name||Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme|
|Scheme type||Central Scheme|
|Object||Boost their financial status for higher education|
|Minimum percentage of students||50% Marks|
|Eligible class||11th or above|
|Ministery||Ministery Of Minority Affairs|
|Official Website||Click here|
Eligibility Criteria – Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities
Here we have shared some important points related to the eligibility criteria. Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities can be availed from the class 11th or above. In this MOMA scholarship, read the eligibility criteria.
- The first requirement of the Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme is to belong to the minority community which has been discussed earlier.
- You must be in class 11th or above such as graduate, postgraduate, technical, or vocational courses, M.Phil or Ph.D. are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Students must have scored 50% marks in their final examination according to MOMA Scholarships.
- Parents of the student’s family income should not be more than INR 2 lack per annum.
Post Matric Scholarship for Minorities – Important Dates
The welfare of Minorities keeps releasing dates for the scholarship. At this time, I am giving what dates are provided by the official portal Scholarship. So be aware of when you are going to apply. I have shared relevant dates.
|Sr. No.||Event||Key dates*|
|1.||Applications open||14 April 2023|
|2.||Applications close||Not mentioned|
Post Matric Scholarship for Minorities Apply Online
National Scholarship Portal is a website of the government that has made for the Scholarship programs. Under Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities, they can apply through NSP. All the scholarships may be founded on this single platform like listing, receipt, application, disbursal, and sanction. Students do not need to visit different types of websites. Now I will disclose the steps that how to apply for the Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities.
- First, you will have to visit the official website of NSP.
- Then search for your scholarship or go to the central scheme tab.
- There are many departments under the central scheme tab. you need to click on Minorities Affairs.
- Then you will see Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities along with the application date, defective verification, and institute verification.
- After that, you need to click on the scheme.
- If you log in then you will face a scholarship form otherwise you will have to log in first.
- Filled out the form and upload scanned documents.
- After this, click on the submit button.
- Now your application will go through the various level then respected money will be transferred to your account.
- However, one must note that no changes in the application are possible after the submission of the application.
Login Process – Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities
It is required to complete the login process on the National Scholarship portal. You can not able to apply any kind of scheme if you have not registered yourself on the portal. So here I am sharing Login steps for the Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities.
- Minority Students need to visit the official website of the NSP.
- Register yourself as a new user for further steps.
- Then fill in some normal details such as gender, email ID, date of birth, and mobile number, and select the scholarship.
- These all details are necessary for the scholarship.
- After that, you will receive ITP on your registered mobile number.
- Enter The OTP in the OTP field.
- On your E-mail and phone number, you will receive the password and application Id.
- Make your password and save it for further use.
- Place your cursor on the Login option and select the financial year 2023-2024.
- Then you will be redirected to the login page.
- Enter your application id and password.
- Then fill your captcha code and click on login button.
New Registration Post Matric Scholarship for Minorities
- Visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- Click on the New Registration option.
- Then you will see the Post Metric Scholarship option.
- Click on the first option.
- Then read the guidelines and click all the checkboxes.
- Click on submit button.
- Then you will see the registration form. Fill in the all information in the field.
- Enter the captcha code and click on the register button.
Documents For Post Matric Scholarship for Minorities
In the application process, the most important part is your documents. If you were not aware of your documents then you will never get a scholarship at all. So here I have mentioned all the required documents so that you can able to get a scholarship.
- You will have to get a Domicile certificate for the respective state
- It is also important to have a Self-declaration of minority community certificate by the student.
- You must have a Self-attested copy of your previous academic mark sheet. It will them that you are a student.
- Aadhaar card and photocopy.
- You have to have an Income certificate issued by a designated state/UT authority
- You should also have a bank account to receive money.
Benefits Of Post Matric Scholarship for Minorities
There are many benefits of this scheme but I have shared some important benefits. These benefits keep in mind when someone asks you about the scholarship.
- Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities gives you financial support who really want to study and pursue higher courses.
- There is an online portal where you can easily apply.
- You no need to get an educational loan.
- This scholarship, however, does not cover any course less than a duration of 1 year. Moreover, the certificate courses are also outside the scope of this scholarship.
post-matric scholarship for minorities- Awards
Rate of Scholarship Admission + Tuition Fee
|Admission and tuition fee Class XI & XII: INR 7,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Admission and course/tuition fee for technical and vocational courses of XI and XII level (Courses of one or more years of duration): INR 10,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|Admission and tuition fee for UG & PG level: INR 3,000/- per annum subject to actuals (both Hosteller & Day Scholar)|
|For Class XI & XII including Tech. & Voc. Course*: INR 380/- per month for Hosteller & INR 230/- per month for Day Scholar|
|For Courses other than Tech. & Prof. courses at UG & PG level*: INR 570/- per month for Hosteller & INR 300/- per month for Day Scholar|
|For M.Phil & Ph.D.*: INR 1,200/- per month for Hosteller & INR 550/- per month for Day Scholar|
Conditions – Post-Matric Scholarship for Minorities
Terms and conditions are required for any kind of scheme so that no one who is ineligible may take benefits. There are some conditions deployed by the government that has given below.
- By the decision of the government, girls students have been awarded a 30% reservation. Another part of the percentage will be awarded to the boys’ minorities students.
- Under this course, class 11th can 12th has been included technical and vocational courses.
- Students must have the income certificate in the name of their parents from the government authority.
- It is a central government scheme. Students can apply from any state.
- The scholarship can be renewed in the next year subject to the students securing a minimum of 50% marks in the previous examination.
- There would be limited seats for the scholarship. If government receive more application then a scholarship will be given to the poor students first.
- Above the age of 18+ years, students need to give a self-certified community certificate.
- Two students are eligible from the single-family.
- Migration of students from one school/institute to another is not allowed for renewal applicants during the period of an academic course.
- The violation of school rules may cause the suspension or cancellation of the scholarship.
- Giving a false statement may also cancel your application.
- scholarship money will be transferred by the Direct Benefit Transfer mode to the student’s account.
Important PDF Link
- Post-matric Scholarship Scheme Guidelines (new)
- Physical Allocation of Scholarship and Timeline Activities under the Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme for minority communities for the year 2021-22.
- List of Courses covered under Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme
- Income Certificate required for Scholarship schemes for the Year 2017-18.
- Form for Self Declaration of Minority Community by Students
- UC Format (49 KB)
- “Minimum Government, Maximum Governance” — Self Declaration/self-certification/self-attestation of documents by the applicants in schemes/programs of Ministry
If you face any kind of problems related to the scholarship then you may contact the given number and address.
Phone: 0120 – 6619540
Email: [email protected]