As we all know that covid-19 pandemic has caused a severe impact all around the world. A lot of children have also been affected due to covid-19. Many of them have lost their parents during covid-19 pandemic. In order to provide assistance to all these children, the Indian Government has initiated a new scheme named as PM Cares For Children Yojana. Today through this article we will provide you all details about the PM Cares For Children Yojana. We will discuss all aspects of this scheme, such as the eligibility criteria, list of required documents, benefits etc. Along with this we will also provide the application process to apply online for this PM Care for Children Scheme. Kindly read this article to grab all important information about this scheme.
The Prime Minister Cares For Children Yojana 2023-
The honourable Prime Minister of India Mr. Narendra Modi has initiated this PM Cares For Children Yojana. Under this scheme, all those children who have lost both of their parent because of this covid-19 pandemic will receive so many incentives. This mainly includes- facilities of rehabilitation, gap funding for higher education, per month stipend, and a lump sum value of Rs 10 lakh after completing 23 years of age. The central government has recognized the requirement of having a particular fund whose primary aim is to deal with any type of emergency or difficult condition. In this regard, the government has inaugurated a new public charitable trust. This is popularly known as PM cares fund. Through this PM care fund, government will provide financial assistance under the scheme. The Nodal agency for monitoring the PM care fund is the Ministry of Women and Child Welfare.
The Fund Released Under PM Cares For Children Scheme-
Indian PM Mr. Narendra Modi has sanctioned the fund under this PM Cares for children scheme on 30th of May 2023. They released this fund through a video conference. The Government will provide this assistance in the form of a scholarship scheme to all school-going children. They will also provide the Ayushman Bharat as well as PM Jan Arogya Yojana cards to children. The major aim of this yojana is to giv financial support to all those orphan children who have lost their parents due to COVID infection. This scholarship is available for all the children till 23 years of age. Government inaugurated this scheme on 29th of May 2021. All those who have lost their legal parents or adopted parents from 11th of March 2020 to 28th of February 2023 can avail the benefits of this scheme. For this they need to register at the official website portal.
The Nodal Agency For PM Cares For Children Yojana 2023
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development at the Central level is the Nodal agency for this PM care for children scheme.
- The Department of Women and Child Development or the Department of Social Justice in Various States or Union Territories is there to deal with the child protection scheme.
- At the district level, the District Magistrate will act as nodal authority for the execution of this scheme.
Benefits Released For Children Under The Scheme-
- Financial Assistance – An Amount of Rs 10 lakh for all eligible children.
- Assistance for Boarding & Lodging – The Rehabilitation of all the children
- Support In School Education – Help in Taking Admission in Various Schools.
- Financial Aid for Higher Education – Facility of Educational loans for pursuing higher education
- Health Insurance Benefit– Beneficiaries can avail health insurance cover of worth Rs 5 lakhs.
- Scholarship Amount – All school going children will receive an amount of Rs. 20,000 under this scheme.
An Overview Of The PM Cares For Children Yojana 2023
|Name Of The Yojana||PM Cares For Children Scheme 2023|
|Initiated By||Government Of India|
|Beneficiaries||All Those Children Who Have Lost Their Parents Because of Covid-19 Pandemic|
|Aim||To Provide Financial Assistance To Eligible Children|
|Official Website Portal||https://pmcaresforchildren.in/|
Aim Of The PM Cares For Children Yojana
The major aim of this PM Cares For Children Scheme is to ensure financial as well as social security to all those children whose parents died during covid-19 pandemic. Through this yojana, the government will provide the rehabilitation facilities, educational support as well as financial assistance to fulfill day-to-day activities. So that those children do not need to depend on anyone for their basic needs. This scheme will surely improve their standard of living. As a result beneficiaries will become self-reliant. The government will also support children for pursuing higher education.
Statistics of PM Cares For Children Yojana
Total Number of Applications Received
Number of Approved Applications-
Major Benefits And Features Of The PM Cares For Children Yojana
- The honourable PM of India Mr. Narendra Modi has initiated this PM Cares For Children Yojana.
- Under this scheme, all those children whose both parents died because of covid-19 virus will receive so many benefits. This mainly includes the facility of rehabilitation, gap funding for providing education, a monthly stipend, and a lump sum value of Rs 10 lakh after completing 23 years of age.
- Recently the government has recognized the requirement of having a dedicated fund relief whose major aim will be to deal with any type of emergency or difficult condition.
- In this regard, the Indian government has initiated a public charitable trust this is known as the PM cares fund.
- Under this scheme government will provide financial support to all needy students.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Welfare will act as the Nodal Agency for controlling the PM care fund.
- The government has advocated to provide a financial aid of Rs 4000 every month.
- The beneficiaries will also get the Ayushman health cards.
- The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has announced the benefits under this PM cares for children yojana on 30th May 2023.
- The DM will appoint an officer at the ADM level in order to deal with the grievances.
- They will also build a Grievance Redressal Mechanism at the official website portal. This will definitely help in raising and addressing the concerned grievances.
- The portal will from time to time provide Alerts for pending grievances.
- Official website has also built-in dashboard and record of historical grievance redressal.
- All Beneficiaries of PM cares for children scheme will also be enrolled under the Ayushman Bharat scheme and will avail health insurance cover of worth Rs 5 lakh.
Eligibility Criteria For PM Care For Children Yojana-
- All those children who have lost both of their parents or surviving parent or the legal guardian/ adoptive parents/ single adopted parent because of Covid 19 virus from 11th of March 2023 to 28th of February 2023.
- Note: The child must not have turned 18 years old on the date of death of his or her parents.
List of Required Documents
- Aadhar Card
- Residence Certificate
- Passport Size Photo
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Death Certificate of Parents
- Covid-19 Positive Report
The Process To Apply Online For PM Cares For Children Yojana
- First of all, visit the official website portal of the PM Cares yojana.
- Now the homepage will open in front of you.
- At the home page, you need to click on the option of register here.
- Consequently a new page will open in front of you.
- At this page, you need to fill all the necessary information.
- After that you need to upload all the asked documents.
- Then click on submit button.
- With this simple process you can easily apply online for PM cares for children Yojana.
Process To View Contact Details-
- Firstly, open the official website portal of PM Cares scheme.
- Now the homepage will open in front of your screen.
- After that you need to click on the option of contact us.
- As a result a new page will open in front of you.
- At this page you can easily view the contact details.