NMMS Scholarship 2023 Portal Online Registration can be done through this page. In this article, we have discussed the NMMS Scholarship Scheme Application Form, Application Status, etc. Under this Portal, the government will provide financial help to the economically poor students. The students who want to study further but because of poverty enable to study higher education. So for these students NMMS Scholarship, 2023 portal has been initiated by the government. With the help of this post, we will provide you with complete information regarding NMMS Scholarship 2023. So, all the interested candidates keep on reading this article head and know more about the NMMS Scholarship Portal.
NMMS Scholarship 2023 Portal
The Government of India has launched a Portal called “NMMS Scholarship 2023”. And the full form of NMMS is the “National Means Cum Merit Scholarship”. It was initiated by the department of school education and literacy under the ministry of human resource development. This scheme is launched for the people who want to build their careers through education and want financial support. So under this portal, financial assistance will be given to the beneficiaries of the NMMS Scholarship. The government will provide Rs 12000 per annum to the students belonging to economically weaker sections.
Moreover, approximately 1 lakh scholarships will be provided under the means of this National Scholarship created by the Central Government. And every year around 100000 students will select under this scholarship scheme. However, the state government conducts examinations and on the basis of this examination, they award scholarship amounts to the students. Those students whose annual family income is Rs 150000 or less are eligible for this scholarship scheme. All the interested candidates can also visit the official website of the NMMS Scholarship Portal through www.scholarships.gov.in.
Key Points of NMMS Scholarship 2023
|Launched by||Government of India|
|Department||Department of School Education and Literacy|
|Beneficiary||Students of India|
|Benefit||To Provide Financial Help to the Students|
|Financial Assistance||Approx. Rs 12000 per annum|
|Post Category||Click Here|
Features of the National Scholarship Portal
- Firstly, the full form of NMMS scholarship is national means cum merit scholarship scheme
- The department of school education and literacy under the ministry of human resource Development has launched the NMMS scholarship.
- Officially, this scholarship scheme was launched in May 2008 by the central government of India.
- Under this scholarship financial assistance will be given to the student who belongs to the economically weaker section of society.
- The main motive for launching this scholarship is to reduce the dropout rate in class 8 in India.
- Approximately 1 lakh scholarships will be provided under the means of this National Scholarship created by the Central Government
- Around Rs 12000 financial assistance amount will provide from class 9th to class 12th students.
- It will encourage the students to pursue their education at the secondary stage also.
- The state government conducts examinations and on the basis of this examination they award scholarship amounts to the student
- Most importantly, this scholarship will be provided only to those students who are studying in state government-aided and local body schools.
- And only those students whose annual family income is Rs 150000 or less can apply for this scholarship scheme
- The scholarship is directly disbursed into the bank account of the beneficiary through the PFMS method by the State Bank of India
Eligibility Criteria For NMMS Scheme
If you want to apply for the NMMS Scholarship Portal, you need to meet the eligibility criteria for NMMS Scheme. Following are the eligibility criteria for the National Scholarship Scheme;
- He/ She must be currently studying in Class ninth.
- The applicant must have got a clear promotion from class 8.
- The applicant must have scored 55% or more in the last examination of Class 8th.
- He/ She must be pursuing education from a government or a government-aided school in the country.
- If you want to renew your scholarship in further years then you need to score at least 60% marks in your class 10th board exam.
- If you want to get a scholarship in class 12th then you must get clear promotion in class 11th for the first time itself.
- You must score at least 55% marks or above in the class 11th class examination.
- If you belong to the Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe category then you will get a relaxation of 5%
- The annual family income of the beneficiary must not be more than Rupees 1.5 lacs.
- The students who are studying in other private schools are not eligible for this scholarship
NMMS Scholarship Required Documents
Below, we have mentioned the list of important required documents for the NMMS Portal;
- Adhar Card
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Disability Certificate
- Marksheet of class 7th and 8th
- Ration Card
- Passport Size Photograph
- Mobile Number
- Bank Account Details
How to Apply Online For NMMS Scholarship?
All the interested candidates who want to apply for the NMMS Scholarship can follow the below-given steps and procedures;
- Firstly, you have to go to the official website of the national scholarship portal.
- On the homepage, click on the new registration option.
- After that, a new page will open you need to read all the instructions carefully and click on continue.
- Now a new page will open, here you have to enter all the required details which are as follows:-
- State of domicile
- Scholarship category
- Name of student
- Scheme type
- Date of birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
- Bank IFSC code
- Bank account number
- Identification details
- Captcha code
- At last, you have to click on the register option and your online registration process will be completed.
Procedure To Check Application Status
- In order to check NMMS Application Status, you need to visit the official website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- After that, select the Renewal/Fresh Login option under the login option along with the year.
- Now, enter the login information like application id and password and click on the Login button.
- After that, the Application Status option will appear, you have to click on it.
- Now the application status page will open in front of your screen.
- Enter the application number and date of birth.
- Finally, you can click on the Get Status option and all the details will be opened.
Note – If you have any kind of problem regarding NMMS Scholarship Portal, you may call or send email on the below given details;
Contact Number: 0120 – 6619540
Email: [email protected]