National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2023 Registration. In today’s article, we are going to share with you information related to the NSP Scholarship Scheme Online Registration. Its benefits, documents required, download mobile app, and check application status. Along with that, we will also tell you how you can apply for online registration at NSP. So keep on reading our article ahead to know all of these details.
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) 2023
The Government of India provides scholarships to all those students who are not able to finance their education. For this purpose, the government has launched a National Scholarship Portal. However, (NSP) is one of the most prominent scholarship portals launched by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. Most importantly, its aim is to create a transparent database of scholars and ensure that the scholarships are disbursed through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to eligible students. Moreover, it offers various scholarship schemes to SC/ ST/ OBC/ Minority and General category students.
Basically, it is a digital gateway for different government scholarship schemes offered by Central Government, State Governments, and other government agencies like UGC and AICTE. The National Scholarship Portal hosts 118 scholarship schemes worth hundreds of crores for the scholarship seekers registered on the platform. It is taken as a ‘Mission Mode Project’ under the National e-Governance Plan (NeGP). As per the data released for the academic year 2020-21.
NSP has helped the government implement and disburse scholarships worth more than INR 2,800 crores. The platform boasts more than 127 lakh applications out of which over 84 Lakh applications are verified. It is a very beneficial platform for students who are interested in applying for various educational schemes and scholarship services. The students can visit government offices in order to apply for scholarships or they can go to the official website.
NSP Scholarship – Key Highlights
|Portal Name||National Scholarship Portal|
|Launched By||Central Government|
|Ministry||Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India|
|Last Date||Not Announced Yet|
|Post Category||Central Govt. Scheme|
National Scholarship Portal Last Date
The National Scholarship Portal was started by the Indian government under the National e-Governance initiative to ensure smooth and proper flow of funds directly to the bank accounts of students without any hindrance. In addition, to encourage education the government provides scholarships to all eligible students. The last date to apply for a scholarship has been extended by the government. However, the higher education director of the state has issued a notification to all the schools, colleges, universities. In this notification, he has asked all the educational institutions to ensure that all the eligible students apply for the scholarship before the last date.
Objectives of National Scholarship Portal KYC
Followings are the key objectives behind the creation of this National Scholarship Portal include –
- Ensuring the application of DBT (Direct Benefit Transfer).
- To avoid duplication that occurs while processing the applications.
- Ensuring all scholarships are disbursed to students on time.
- Creating a transparent scholars’ database.
- Harmonizing the variety of scholarships and their norms.
- Offering the students, a common platform for both Central and State Government scholarships.
Benefits of NSP Scheme
Through, this scheme students can get many benefits after registering on NSP. Some of the major benefits are mentioned below;
- Firstly, NSP ensures faster scholarship processing.
- Secondly, it simplifies the scholarship process as all the information is available under this scheme.
- It helps to reduce the duplication of applications.
- Most importantly, NSP suggests the appropriate schemes for students.
- It serves as a Decision Support System (DSS) for various Ministries and departments, providing up-to-date information on demand.
- It also helps in standardizing master data for all India-level courses and institutions.
Important Documents Required
- Aadhar Card
- Bank account Passbook.
- Caste Certificate if you belong to a special category.
- Income certificate as per your scholarship type.
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photograph
- Previous Year Education Qualification certificate.
- Self-declaration certificate
List of Scholarship Schemes Under NSP
It covers almost all types of scholarships for students studying in class 1 to Ph.D. level. The variety of scholarships are provided by NSP are categorized under the following sections;
- Central schemes
- UGC/ AICTE schemes
- State schemes
How to Apply for National Scholarship Portal 2023 Registration & Login?
Under this, we have mentioned all the step-by-step procedures for online NSP registration.
Step First New Registration –
- Firstly, you need to go to the official website of the National Scholarship Portal.
- Secondly, from the home page of the website, click “new registration”
- After that, read the instructions that appear on the screen, tick the checkbox and click the “continue” option.
- Enter the details as asked on the screen such as name, date of birth, mobile number, gender, email ID, bank details, etc.
- Now, enter the captcha code and click the “Register” option.
Second Step Login –
- First of all, Log in through your “Student Registration ID”
- Now, click on the “Application Form” Icon.
- After that, the application form will be displayed on the screen.
- You need to fill in the asked details i.e
- State of Domicile
- Name of the student
- Date of Birth, Community/ Category
- Father’s Name
- Aadhaar card Number
- Mobile Number
- Scholarship Category
- Mother’s Name
- Annual Family Income
- Email ID, etc.
- After that, click on “Save & Continue”, next page appeared.
- Upload the scanned copies of the documents.
- Now, click on “Final Submission’’ thus, the Application has to finally submit.
Check NSP Application Status
- Go to the official website of the national scholarship portal.
- On the home page, you need to click on the login link and select your year.
- Now you have to enter your application ID and password.
- After that, you have to click on check your status.
- The application status will be on your screen.
Download National Scholarship Portal Mobile App
- Firstly, go to the official website of the national scholarship portal.
- The home page will be open in front of you.
- On the home page, you have to click on Get it on Google Play
- Now you have to click on the install button.
- The NSP Mobile App will be downloaded on your phone.
- And now you can avail all the benefits simply on your mobile phone.
Note – If you have any query regarding NSP Scholarship, you can contact on these following number and email id below;
helpline number:- 0120 – 6619540
email:- [email protected]
Government Scholarship Quick Links