In order to ensure quality education to all the students, the government introduces various types of schemes. Today through this article we will provide you all details about one such newly launched scheme of Central Government of India. It is known as the National Overseas Scholarship Scheme. Under this scheme, government will provide scholarships to meritorious students who desire to get education from Overseas. We will discuss about all aspects of this scheme. This includes the- eligibility criteria, list of documents, benefits and features as well as the online procedure to apply under this National Overseas Scholarship 2023. Kindly read this article very carefully till it’s end to grab all necessary information.
Introduction to National Overseas Scholarship (NOS)
In order to assist all those students whose family income is very low, the Central government has inaugurated a new scheme. This is called the National Overseas scholarship scheme. Under this scholarship scheme, all meritorious students who belongs to scheduled caste, denotified Nomadic, and quasi Nomadic tribes community, landless agricultural labourers and conventional artisans category will obtain financial support for their higher education in abroad. This scheme will surely improve the economic as well as social conditions of the students.
Through this scheme, a total of 100 scholarships are provided as per the availability of funds every year. Students will now receive financial help for learning master’s as well as Ph.D. courses in foreign institutions or universities. These educational institutions must be accredited from the government or authorized body of that particular country. The government reserves 30% of the awards of scholarship for the women applicants.
The National Overseas Scholarship Scheme For the Selection Year 2023 (1st list)
The official website portal for this National Overseas scholarship will be available from 1st September 2023 to 15th October 2023. All concerned applicants need to submit their online application forms at this portal. The students need to go through the important guidelines of this scheme before submitting their online applications. Under this scheme, the government will provide financial assistance to all eligible candidate for studying masters-level and Ph.D. courses abroad in any accredited institution or university that is duly recognized by the authorized body of that particular country in the field of education.
Major Highlights Of The National Overseas Scholarship
|Name Of The Scheme||The National Overseas Scholarship Scheme|
|Initiated By||Government Of India|
|Beneficiaries||Students Of India|
|Aim||To Provide Scholarship For Pursuing Education in Abroad|
Aim Of The National Overseas Scholarship-
The major aim of this National Overseas scholarship scheme is to give financial support to those students who desire to pursue their higher education from abroad. Under this scheme, government will provide financial assistance for affording tuition fee and other study related expenses. Now students do not need to worry about any kind of financial burden that disturb their study abroad as the Indian Government will now finance their education with this National Overseas scholarship scheme. A total of 100 scholarships are offered every year through this scheme. All those applicants whose family income is very low will avail this amazing scheme.
Benefits And Important Features Of National Overseas Scholarship Scheme
- The Central Government of India has inaugurated this National Overseas scholarship.
- Under this scholarship, students who belongs to schedule caste, denotified Nomadic and semi-nomadic tribes community, landless farming labourers and traditional artisans will receive financial aid for pursuing higher education.
- This scheme will surely improve economic as well as social condition of the students.
- With this scholarship scheme a total of 100 scholarships provided as per the availability of funds.
- All those applicants who desire to pursue their higher education in master’s or PhD courses abroad can avail the benefits of this scheme.
- A total of 30% of the scholarship awards are reserved for women applicants.
- Candidates learning bachelor level courses cannot avail the benefits of this scheme.
- If the person have already obtained the degree of masters or PHD, then such person is not eligible to avail the benefits of this scheme.
Distribution of Slots Category Wise-
|Denotified, Nomadic and Semi-Nomadic Tribe Community||06|
|The Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans||04|
Eligibility Criteria Under The National Overseas Scholarship
- The applicant must be permanent resident of Indian nation.
- Student must have scored 60% marks or above grade in the qualifying exam (for the PHD courses the qualifying exam is degree of masters and for the masters degree courses the qualifying exam is degree of bachelors)
- The age limit of the candidate must be less than 35 years.
- The family income of the student from all sources must not exceed Rs 8 lakh.
- In order to determine the family income applicant’s family will be considered as follows:-
- Applicant’s parents and siblings below 18 years old and his or her spouse and children below 18 years age.
- If the woman applicant is married the family income of in laws plus her spouse and children below 18 years of age will be counted m
- Only two students from a single family can avail the benefits of this scheme. Applicants need to submit a self certification in this regard.
- A one time awardee of this scholarships can not be considered for taking a second time award.
List of Required Documents To Apply Under National Overseas Scholarship
- Aadhar Card
- Ration Card
- Income Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Bank Account Passbook
- Marksheet of Qualifying Exam
- Residence Proof
- Age Proof
- Passport Size Photo
- Mobile Number
Online Procedure To Apply For The National Overseas Scholarship
- First of all you need to visit the official website portal of this national Overseas scholarship.
- Now the home page will open in front of you.
- At the homepage you need to click on the option of login/register.
- Then you need to click on register yourself at here.
- As a result a registration form will emerge in front of your screen.
- In that registration form you need to fill in all the necessary details such as your name, mobile number, email address etc.
- Following that you need to upload all the necessary documents along with this form. Now click on register button.
- Now you need to click on login button.
- Kindly fill your user name, password and captcha code in the available columns and click on submit button.
- After that click on apply under the National Overseas scholarship.
- Consequently Application form will open in front of you.
- In that you need to enter all the necessary details.
- Then you need to upload all the needed documents and click on submit button.
- With this simple procedure you can easily apply for this National Overseas Scholarship.
Online Process To Check Application Status
- Firstly visit the official website portal of national Overseas scholarship.
- Now the home page will appear in front of you.
- After that click on application status option.
- As a result new page will open in front of your screen.
- On that new page you need to fill in your application reference number and click on view option.
- Consequently your application status will appear in front your computer screen.
View Contact Details-
- Open the official website portal of national Overseas scholarship scheme.
- Now the home page will appear in front of you.
- At the home page kindly click on contact details option.
- Consequently a new page will open before your screen.
- At this page you can easily view contact details option.