Maharashtra Widow Pension Application Form, Eligibility, Required Documents, and Benefits – Maharashtra government provides pensions to the widows of the state. As most the women are dependent on their husbands for their livelihood. It becomes hard for them to be able to earn their livelihood. So it becomes the responsibility of the government to provide them with minimum life support. The pension by the government of Maharashtra is provided under Maharashtra Widow Pension. Under Maharashtra, the Widow Pension government provides an amount of Rs. 600 per month to the widows of the state. This helps the widows of the state with financial assistance. The assistance to the widows also helps in their family management, their food, and the education of the children. So it becomes very important to the widows of the state.
If you want to apply for the scheme stick to the end of the article to know full details on the scheme. We are going to tell you the Application process, Eligibility Criteria, Required Documents, and the Benefits of the scheme.
Maharashtra Widow Pension Scheme
Maharashtra government provides an amount of Rs. 600 per month to the widows of the state. The government provides an amount of Rs. 600 per month to the widows. Out of these 600 center government provides Rs. 200 and the state government provides Rs. 400 as its share. If the Widow has more than one child then the pension amount will be increased to Rs. 900 per month. And the pension will continue till the child of the woman does not become 25 years old or get a job (Whatever happens first out of two). If the woman has only a girl as a child the pension will continue even after that. So the most important benefit of the scheme is financial assistance to the widows of the state. Full details on the scheme are below in the article.
Overview of Maharashtra Widow Pension Form
|Scheme Name||Maharashtra Widow Pension|
|Scheme by||Government of Maharashtra|
|Beneficiaries||Widows of the state of Maharashtra|
|Objective||Financial Assistance to the Widows of Maharashtra|
|Pension Amount||Rs. 600 – 900 per month|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Maharashtra Vidhwa Pension Yojana Required Documents
The required documents list for Widow Pension Maharashtra is:
- Id Card (Aadhar Card, Voter id)
- Domicile Certificate
- Age Certificate(Birth Certificate, Matriculation Certificate)
- Income Certificate
- Cast Certificate(SC/ST/OBC)
- Death Certificate of the deceased Husband
- Bank Account Passbook
- Mobile Number
- Passport Size Photograph of the Applicant
Apply for Maharashtra Widow Pension Scheme – Application Form PDF
To apply for Vidhwa Pension in Maharashtra follow these steps:
- First, the applicant will need to visit the official website.
- Now download the application form for Maharashtra Widow Pension from the home page. Or Click Here to Download the application form directly.
- Fill in all the information asked in the application form correctly.
- Now attach all the required documents with the application form.
- Finally submit the application form with the attached documents to the Collector Office / Tehsildar / Talathi Liaison Office Collector Office.
After that, the information filled in the application form and submitted documents will be verified by the officials. If all given information is correct the pension will be sanctioned.
Eligibility Criteria for Widow Pension Maharashtra
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the state of Maharashtra.
- She must have an account in the bank.
- The annual income of the family of the applicant must not exceed Rs. 21,000.
- The age of the applicant must be below 65 years.
- She must fall in BPL (Below Poverty Line) Category.
Benefits of Maharashtra Widow Pension
- The benefits will be given to the Destitute Widows of the state/
- Widows will be given an amount of Rs. 600 per month but if the widow has more than one child the pension amount will be increased to Rs. 900 per month.
- The pension amount will be given directly to the bank account of the Widows.
- This scheme will help in the upliftment of the widows of the state financially as well as socially.
Maharashtra Widow Pension Scheme Helpline and Contacts
Mumbai Suburban District,
10th Floor, Administrative Building,
Near Chetna College, Government Colony,
Bandra (East), Mumbai – 400 051Phone : 022-26556799, 022-26514742, 022-26556806
Email: [email protected]