Maharashtra Old Age Pension Application Process, Eligibility, Required Documents, and Benefits – Maharashtra government provides pensions to the people that are unable to afford their livelihood. Many sections of society are unable to earn their livelihood due to different reasons. So it becomes the responsibility of the state to provide minimum requirements to live their life. The Maharashtra government also provides pensions to the state’s old-age people. The pension is provided under Maharashtra Old Age Pension by the Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Maharashtra. Maharashtra government provides an amount of Rs. 600 per month to the senior citizens of the state. The main goal of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the old-age people of the state. In old age, people cannot do work and earn their livelihood due to their age. So it becomes one of the most important schemes for old age people.
In this article, we are going to talk about the scheme in great detail. We are going to talk about the application process, Eligibility criteria, Required Documents, and Benefits under the scheme. So stick to the end of the article to know about the scheme in full detail.
Maharashtra Old Age Pension Scheme
As we know that governments provide pensions to the different destitute sections of society. As they are unable to earn their livelihood on their own. Maharashtra government also provides pensions to many sections of the society and Old age people are one of such sections. Old-age people in the state of Maharashtra get an amount of Rs. 600 per month as pension. In this amount state governments, the contribution is Rs. 400, and center governments’ contribution is Rs. 200. This helps old age people in their financial and social independence. If you also want to apply for the pension scheme read the full article to know full details on the scheme.
Overview of Maharashtra Old Age Pension
|Scheme Name||Maharashtra Old Age Pension|
|Scheme type||Center government Sponsored Scheme|
|Department||Social Justice and Special Assistance Department, Maharashtra|
|Objective||To provide Financial Assistance to the Old Age People|
|Pension Amount||Rs. 600 per month|
|Beneficiaries||Old Age People of the state(Above the age of 60)|
Benefits of the Old Age Pension
Benefits under Old Age Pension Maharashtra Are:
- Beneficiaries will be provided an amount of Rs. 600 per month.
- Old Age People will not need to depend on anyone else for their needs.
- The pension will be directly provided to the account of the beneficiary. So only they will be able to withdraw it.
- Destitute elderly people will get financial help.
- Old age people who do not get a good life with their family anymore will also get benefits from the scheme.
Eligibility for Maharashtra Vrddha Pension
Eligibility Criteria for Old Age pension Maharashtra is:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the state of Maharashtra.
- The minimum age of the applicant must be 65 years minimum.
- Any person from the applicant’s home should not be having a job.
- The annual income of the applicant must not exceed Rs. 50,000.
- The person applying for the scheme must have a bank account. As the money will directly be transferred to the account of the applicant.
- BPL Cardholders will be given priorities.
Maharashtra Old Age Pension Required Documents List
If you want to apply for an old-age pension in Maharashtra you will be required to have all these documents:
- Aadhar Card(Or any other Photo Id card issued by the government)
- Passport Size Photograph
- Bank Passbook of the applicant (Photocopy)
- Age Certificate (Birth Certificate, Matriculation Certificate)
- Mobile Number of the applicant
- Income Certificate of the applicant
- Ration Card or BPL (Below Poverty Line) Card
How to Apply for Maharashtra Old Age Pension?
To apply for Maharashtra Vrddha Pension follow these steps:
- Firstly the candidate will need to visit Collector Office OR Sanjay Gandhi Yojana Office.
- There you need to get an Old Age Pension Application form.
- Fill in all the details that are asked in the application form correctly.
- After filling out the application form you need to attach all the required documents with the application.
- Now submit the application form with the attached documents.
Now your application process is done. After that, your filled information on the application form and the attached documents will be verified. If all information given is correct the applicant will be sanctioned the pension.