We are fully dependent on electricity, and the demand for it is increasing rapidly. Even other electricity generator methods are not enough to fulfill the demands. On the other hand, fossil fuels are on the verge of ending. However, solar energy is the best alternative. As well, it is a part of a sustainable development program and solar panels are invented to use solar power. Therefore, The Kerala government has launched an initiative called Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme 2023. Through this program, the people are aware of the benefits of solar panels by the Kerala government.
In this article, we have described every piece of information about the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme 2023. From its modes, important documents, and benefits, to the process and registration of the application, every detail is explained in this article.
KSEB Solar Rooftop Subsidy Scheme -2023
The Government of Kerala has launched the Rooftop Solar scheme (KSEB). The main focus of this scheme is to motivate consumers for the domestic use of solar panels. This program is associated with the Ministry of New & Renewable Energy. 38 GW solar project will be installed through this program. And the Rooftop Solar Photovoltaic Program 2023 will be worked in two phases.
Furthermore, The Kerala State Electricity Board monitors this scheme. Under this program, people who apply for the scheme will get a 40% subsidy on a rooftop solar panel. Or you can get an investment return at least twice. This plan can be a revolutionized move. You can get rid of the electricity bill from the KSEB Scheme.
All Features of Solar Subsidy Scheme 2023
|Name of the Scheme||Kerala Solar Subsidy Scheme|
|Initiated By||Ministry of New and Renewable Energy|
|Organized by||Kerala State Electricity Board|
|Benefits||Subsidy for installing Solar Panels on Rooftops|
|Beneficiaries||Residents of Kerala|
Kerala Solar Subsidy- Application Registration
Soon the Government of Kerala will announce the opening date of online registration for this scheme. Although the registration will begin shortly, after receiving 75,000 applications, the government will close the online registration. Thus, 2 other models are also available for domestic users under the KSEB Scheme.
(KSEB) Kerala Solar Subsidy- Model 1
According to the Ist Model, the cost of installing of rooftop solar panel will be paid online. Also, the government will manage the other expenses related to solar panels. Besides, an applicant can use the whole energy and sell it to the electricity board of this plant-based investment. You can select the model as per your salary/budget. Find out the models of your choice mentioned below:
|MODEL||AVERAGE MONTHLY CONSUMPTION (IN UNITS)||CONSUMER CONTRIBUTION (% OF THE COST)||RETURN (% OF PLANT GENERATION)|
|IA||UP TO 120||12% (MAX. RS. 6200/-PER KWP)||25%|
|IB||UP TO 150||20% (MAX. RS. 11000/-PER KWP)||40%|
|IC||UP TO 200||25% (MAX. RS. 14000/-PER KWP)||50%|
To know more about the models mentioned above, download the pdf by click
Solar Subsidy Model 1- Benefits
- Plant Capacity Under First Model – the capacity of the solar plant would be 2kWp or 3kWp
- Maintenance Under First Model – KSEBL will provide you Min. 25 years of Maintenance of the plant
- Economical Under First Model – in this model, you will be given a two-time investment return at least.
All Details of Model 1
- Online Registration Fee for model 1 – 1000rs.
- Eligibility rules- users who consume 200 units monthly on average can apply for this scheme.
Solar Subsidy (KSEB)-Model 2
Many other users can pay the full amount of installment of the solar plant. They can also use the whole solar plant-produced energy. All those consumers can apply for a subsidy of up to 40%.
|PLANT CAPACITY (KWP)||SUBSIDY(% OF THE COST)|
|UP TO 3KWP||40%|
|4 TO 10KWP||40% FOR FIRST 2KWP, 20% FOR EACH ADDITIONAL KWP|
|ABOVE 10KWP||26% FOR 10KWP AND NIL FOR THE REST.|
All Benefits Model-2 of Kerala Solar Subsidy Registration
- Plant Capacity Of Model 2- minimum plant capacity is 2k WP
- Maintenance Of Model 2 – KSEBL will provide the maintenance of the plant for 5years
- Economical Of Model 2- up to 40% subsidy will be given for the cost of the plant-based on its capacity
Full details of Model 2 Online Registration
- Online Registration fee- 1000rs.
- Eligibility rules– regular or domestic users can apply for model 2
Solar Installation Kerala Scheme 2023 – Documents
- resident proof.
- Income Certificate of applicant.
- Aadhar Card.
- Registered Mobile Number and e-mail id.
- bank passbook.
- Passport size photograph.
Kerala rooftop solar subsidy scheme Online Apply- Advantages
- No electricity bill
- One-time investment, all-time benefits
- Renewable energy and pollution-free.
- Eco-friendly and sustainable energy.
- A 5-year warranty.
- Online application mode.
KSEB Rooftop Solar Scheme Apply Online
follow the mentioned process step by step to apply for the Kerala Solar Scheme. You can apply for any model 1 or 2 as per your choice.
- Firstly Go to the official website of the KSEB Solar Scheme (Model 1 & 2).
- Then, the homepage will open
- On the homepage, click on “Apply Now”.
- Now here, Fill in your Login ID and Password.
- Registered users need to fill in login credentials.
- After that, Just click on the “New User Registration”.
- Then the form will open, where you need to fill out some asking details.
- Now, click on the submit button.
- Here, you will get your Login ID and password.
- Now here open the Homepage again, and click on the login button
- After login in again, click on model 1 or Model 2 of your choice.
- Then, fill in all the required details, upload images of your rooftop from all four directions, and click submit.
- Eventually, You have registered successfully for the KSEB Solar Subsidy Model.
KSEB Solar Scheme Registration Form – Helpline Number
Helpline Number– 1912/0471-2555544
official website – https://ekiran.kseb.in/