Kerala Old Age Pension 2023
In Kerala state government provides old Age Pension to the citizens of the state 60 or above in age. The old Age Pension is provided by the state government under Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension. Kerala State government provides an amount of Rs. 1,600 to the citizens of the state. Local bodies have been entrusted with the task of receiving the application, processing, granting, and distribution of the pension. At first, National Old Age Pension was incorporated as one of the three items included in the destitute pension. The others are Widow Pension and Physically handicapped pension.
As per the above order, the Old age pension was renamed as National Old age Pension (NOAP) and also started availing fund assistance from the central government also. As per the 8th of the Pension Rules, the approval of the District Collector is mandatory. Even though there is an elder son who didn’t look after his parents are also eligible for getting the pension.
Eligibility for Kerala Old Age Pension
The Applicant must fulfill all the criteria given below:
- Applicant must be Destitute.
- No other social Welfare pensioner will be eligible for Old Age Pension.
- Habitual Beggers are not eligible for the scheme.
- Age of the applicant must be 60 or above 60 years.
- Annual Income of the family must be below Rs. 1,00,000.
- Applicant must be a resident of the state of Kerala for at least 3 years.
- Applied at the local body where the person is residing
Required Documents for Kerala Budhapa Pension
The Required documents are:
- BPL (Below Poverty Line) Card
- Adhar Card
- income Certificate
- Bank Details of the Applicant
- Age Certificate
- Recommendation from the Village Panchayat
- Copy of Parivar Register
Kerala Senior Citizen Pension – Apply Online
Follow the process given below to apply for an Old Age Pension in Kerala:
- First go to the Official website of the Ombudsman Department of Kerala.
- Go to the Downloads section and click on the application form.
- Here Click on the Indira Gandhi Old Age Pension option. OR To Download the old age pension application from Kerala Click Here.
- Download the application form and take a printout.
- Now fill in all the details asked in the application form.
- Attach all the documents that are asked to give. (List of required Documents given in this article).
- After that you need to apply for a pension to the concerned Gram Panchayat/ Municipality/ Corporation Secretary.
Process After Submission of the Application
- On the Grama Panchayat level VEO or the officer appointed by the secretary will conduct an Enquiry.
- On the Municipality or Corporation level Enquiry should be conducted by the Revenue Inspector or the officer appointed by the secretary.
- The Enquiry should be done within 45 days after applying the beneficiary list should be finalized within 45 days on receipt of the application after inquiry.
- Submit any appeal within 30 days to the concerned district collector and the Government can take the right decision against the appeal.
- Once approved, the pensioner will be eligible to get the pension.
- Finally, the eligible pension amount fixed by the Government of Kerala from time to time shall be sent to the beneficiary.
How to Check the Old Age Pension Status in Kerala
Old Age pension in Kerala is provided through DPT(Direct Benefit Transfer)
- Visit the official site to check the online status of the pension.
- Then click on the Application Form under the downloads option.
- On this page click on Pension Search under Others.
- Here you can get your pension status three ways- A Accou
- Enter any one of this information by selecting the appropriate option.
- Fill in the captcha code correctly and click on Search Button.
- Then go to the other option, and click on the DBT(As shown in the image below) option.
- Thus you can easily check the Kerala Widow Pension Scheme application status.