Kerala Disability Pension 2023
Kerala government started this scheme for the mentally and physically disabled people of the State. Earlier it was managed by the Revenue Department, but later it came under the Local Self Authority task of receiving the application, processing, granting, and distribution of the pension. The name mentioned as per the Act is Destitute-Widow Pension. As per this scheme, the candidate must be facing a minimum of 40% Disability. Under Disability Pension in Kerala government provides an amount of Rs. 1,600 per month. Full information on Disability Pension is below:
Viklang Pension in Kerala – Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must fulfill all these criteria to be able to get Disability Pension in Kerala:
- The candidate must be a resident of the State of Kerala.
- There is no age limit for applying for the pension.
- A habitual beggar is not applicable.
- Only candidates having BPL (below the poverty line) are eligible.
- No Income taxpayer is applicable.
- The Applicant must not have benefited from any other state or center government pension. (Ex-gratia family pension of up to Rs.2000 is excluded)
- Eligible for one more pension, if the person receives any other Social Welfare pensions. (Maximum of two pensions including EPF)
- Must have a disability certificate that is verified by a medical officer.
- Should not have more than 2 acres belonging to the Candidate or Candidate Family.
- The annual income of the family must not exceed Rs. 1 lakh annually.
- Applicants should not acquire any car or any other big vehicle except Ambassador.
- Applicant should not be a retiree from Central / State Public Sector Undertakings and a recipient of Pension / Family Pension
Required Documents for Kerala Handicapped Pension
- Aadhar Card
- Disability Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Ration (BPL) Card
- Recommendation from the Village Panchayat
- Bank Account Details
- Passport Size Photograph
- Birth Certificate
- Resident Proof
Kerala Disability Pension -How to Apply
To apply for a disability pension in Kerala follow the steps below:
- Firstly, visit the official webpage of the Pension.
- Now on the homepage, you need to click on the Application Form under the Downloads Tab.
- On the application form page, you will need to click on the option Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension for Mentally/Physically challenged. Or Click here to download the application form directly.
- Take a printout of the application form you just downloaded from the previous page.
- Fill in all the details on the application form that are asked.
- Attach all the required documents with the application form. (Required documents list given below in the article).
- Finally, submit all these ( application form and Documents) To the concerned authorities.
Here your work ends and the official work start.
The inquiry will be held by VEO or Municipality or Corporation, Enquiry will be organized by the Revenue Inspector.
Within 45 days the inquiry will be conducted by the respective authorized person which will finalize the list of the beneficiary. After the approval of the application of the selected candidates, the amount will be transferred to the beneficiary account by the 1st week of the next month.
Kerala Disability Pension – Check Pension Status
To check the pension status in Kerala follow the steps below:
- First, you need to visit Official Website of the scheme.
- Now on the home page click on the Search Pension under others Tab.
- After that you will need to Select one of the following:
- Pensioner ID
- Aadhaar Number
- Account Number
- And fill the information acordingly.
- Then you will need to enter captcha properly.
- Finally, click on the Search button. Your pension status will be on your device screen.
Check DBT Status
- Firstly, visit the official website of the scheme.
- Then click on the DBT option under others tab.
- On the next page Fill in the following information:
- Type of Pension
- DBT Batch Number
- Finally click on the Report button. DBT Status will appear on your device screen.
Kerala Disability Pension – Application Form PDF
If you also want to get the application form for the Kerala Handicapped Pension Scheme, then follow these steps for it.
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of Sevana Pension.
- Here you have to click on Application Forms under Download on the home page.
- After this, the list of Social Security Pension-Application Forms will open in front of you.
- From here you have to click on the link Indira Gandhi National Disabled Pension for Mentally/Physically Challenged.
- After that, the application form will open in front of you.
- From here you have to download the form. After that, you have to fill out the application form correctly.
- Now all the required documents have to be attached to the form. And the form has to be submitted to the office of the concerned department.
- In this way, you can easily make your application through the application form pdf.