Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme: The Karnataka government has unveiled a brand-new programme by the name of the Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme. Under this unique programme, the government will give solar water pump sets to state farmers who cannot afford them owing to financial hardship. Farmers that use the Surya Raitha Scheme for irrigation do not have to turn on their IP Sets at night. The solar water pumps then control the amount of water and power wasted. We will discuss the scheme’s advantages, goals, and work.
Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme 2023
The Surya Raitha Plan will be sent by the Karnataka government to distribute solar pump sets to ranchers. In order to generate extra energy, the state government will replace the existing water system pump sets with these solar-powered water pumps. On January 19, 2019, the administration also sent out this plan to the Kanakapura trial site. The Karnataka government will replace 310 IP sets with solar-powered water pump sets in the initial stage.
Highlights of Surya Raitha Solar Pump Subsidy
|Article Title||Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme|
|Launched By||State Government|
|Beneficiaries||Farmers of State|
|Objective||Providing Solar Power Generation|
|Benefits||Help in assembling solar power|
|Official Website||www.kredlinfo.in / kredl.karnataka.gov.in|
Surya Raitha Scheme Benefits in Karnataka
The following advantages are available to farmers:
- 1. An increase in agricultural output.
- Consistent and ample electricity during the day.
- A reliable source of income for farmers notwithstanding unfavourable weather.
The plan will do away with the requirement to give farmers energy subsidies. Additionally, the BESCOM’s infrastructure costs will be reduced along with their demand and technical loss thanks to the solar water pump system.
In accordance with this plan, BESCOM will:
- agricultural cooperatives are formed
- BESCOM will then offer channel subsidies as well.
- giving farmers a frigid loan.
- the execution of 25-year power purchase agreements.
- to guarantee the pump sets receive sufficient power supply.
- Furthermore, in order to successfully install such systems, farmers must be granted land that is not covered with trees. Farmers must also have solar photovoltaic (PV) systems installed.
Efforts in Karnataka The Surya Raitha Plan
The cost of additional energy exported in the BESCOM system will be used to adjust the loan amount. BESCOM will put additional funds into farmers’ bank accounts after recovering the loan balance. Due to the fact that the amount of power generated and its use will be based on revenue, the loan amount should be repaid over a period of 12 to 14 years. By setting price plans, the Karnataka Electricity Regulatory Commission (KERC) will deposit net metre earnings into an escro Objectives of the Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme for 2023
- The Karnataka government decided to put this Yojana into effect in order to assist the farmers in the state.
- Beginning on January 19, 2018, the Karnataka State Government will launch this programme.
- As part of the 2018 Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme, the government will install new solar power pump sets to replace all irrigation pumps.
- The Karnataka state government will initially replace 310 irrigation pumps.
- BESCOM will oversee all of this Yojana’s projects.
- The Tariff plans will be corrected by the Karnataka Electricity Regulation Commission (KERC).
- Farmers should provide free lands to the Shadow for the placement of the Sets.w account. The government will use this tariff to give money to society for maintenance, debt repayment, and production-based incentives.
Residential requirements –
The farmer must have the necessary documentation, and farmers from other states are not eligible for the program’s rewards.
- Income information – Farmers who want to take advantage of the program’s benefits must provide evidence of their ability to pay.
- Identification proof: In order to register for the programme, farmers must present their Aadhaar cards, voter identification cards, ration cards, or a comparable document.
- Bank account information – Farmers who choose BESCOM’s soft loans will have their accounts credited with the increased loan amount upon debt recovery.
- The Aadhar Card
- Bank Account Information
- ID Verification
- Land Specifics
- Passport-Sized Photograph
- Residential Evidence
- A working mobile number
Application for the Karnataka Surya Raitha Scheme Solar Pump Subsidy
The state administration has yet to announce the specifics of how to apply for this newly formed program. However, interested candidates must regularly check the state government’s official website. This will enable students to learn about the online processes and use them to apply for the advantages of the scheme. Additionally, this will assist the less fortunate farmers in securing adequate water supplies for their crops so they can be maintained for a long time and have a better chance of making a profit when they are sold.