In today’s article, we will provide you with information about INSPIRE Scholarship 2023, a scholarship program for higher education run by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India. This scholarship comes under the Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE). Let us tell you that it offers more than 10,000 scholarships every year for meritorious students pursuing bachelor’s and master’s courses in natural and basic sciences. Under this, every selected student will be promoted by INSPIRE in any subject of natural or basic science. 80,000 rupees are available annually under the scholarship to grow and study. So let’s know. INSPIRE Scholarship – Application Process, Selection Process, Renewal, Cut-Off Marks, etc.
INSPIRE Scholarship 2023 Apply
INSPIRE Scholarship is a flagship program of the Department of Science and Technology (DST). Under this, a scholarship amount of Rs 80,000 is provided by the government every year to all the beneficiary candidates for pursuing research as a career in the study of science and technology. Students can avail INSPIRE Scholarship for five years or till the completion of the course (whichever is earlier). Here you will be provided complete information about INSPIRE Scholarship Apply Online, Rewards, Awards & Benefits in detail. For this read the article carefully till the end.
Inspire Scholarship 2023 Important Dates
If you also want to get benefit of Inspire Scholarship 2023 by applying online, then you can check Inspire Scholarship 2023 Last Dates from here.
|Online Inspire Scholarship Application Release Date||August 2023|
|Last date to Apply for Inspire Fellowship 2023||August 2023|
|Inspire Scholarship Result Release Date||September 2023|
|Inspire Scholarship Cutoff Last Date||August 2023|
INSPIRE Scholarship – Rewards, Awards & Benefits
The amount given to the selected students under INSPIRE Scholarship is Rs 80,000 per year. In which the selected students are paid in cash at the rate of Rs 60,000 per annum. Along with this, if a student undertakes a summertime research project, then such candidate students are paid Rs 20,000 as an attachment fee during the summer time. All the selected candidates are required to undertake summer research projects under the guidance of an active researcher in a recognized research center in India to be eligible for the scholarship.
Inspire Scholarship Eligibility 2023
You must fulfill the following eligibility conditions to apply for the Inspire Scholarship Program.
- Inspire Scholarship Age Criteria => To get the benefit of Inspire Scholarship, the age of the candidate student should be between 17-22 years.
- Inspire Scholarship Educational Eligibility => To get the benefit of a scholarship, it is mandatory for the applicant student to have the following Educational Eligibility.
- If you are the top 1% meritorious student of the 12th class of any state and central education board, then you are eligible under INSPIRE Scholarship.
- Along with this, if the applicant student has secured a rank within 10000 ranks in JEE or NEET, then such students can also apply for Inspire Scholarship 2023.
- And if applicant students are doing BSc, BS, and int MSc/MS in basic and natural science, then these students are also eligible for INSPIRE Scholarship Program 2023.
- And all the students of the country who are studying in ISER, NISER, and the Department of Atomic Energy Center for Basic Science are also eligible.
- Simultaneously, students who have won scholars and International Olympiad medals under Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY), Jagdish Bose National Science Talent Search (JBNSTS), National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), and have UG or PG in Natural Science All those who are studying the course can make their application for the Inspire Scholarship program.
Subjects Courses Under the Scope of INSPIRE Scholarship
|Subjects & Courses are Accepted|
|Int. MS course in Mathematics||Zoology|
|Subjects Courses are not Accepted|
|Seed Technology||Military Science|
|Computer science||Instrumentation education|
|Computer Applications||Information Technology|
INSPIRE Scholarship – Need Documents
You will need a scanned copy of the following documents to apply for the Inspire 2023 Scholarship.
- Passport size photograph
- 10th class mark sheet
- 12th class mark sheet
- Caste Certificate (for OBC/SC/ST)
- Certificate specifying rank in National level competitive entrance exam
- Certificate specifying award in KVPY/ JBNSTS/ NTSE/ International Olympic Medallists
- Endorsement form signed by Principal/Director/Registrar of current
- College/Institute/University (Mandatory for all)
- Any other documents
INSPIRE Scholarship Apply Online 2023
Applications for the INSPIRE Scholarship (SHE) will be made online through the INSPIRE Online Portal. The whole process of which is as follows –
- For this, you have to first go to the INSPIRE Scholarship for Higher Education (SHE) Portal.
- Here you have to click on the option “New User? Register here“ on its home page. On clicking, the registration form will open in front of you.
- Here you have to fill in all the asked information correctly. After this, you will receive the User ID and Password on the registered email ID.
- Now you have to log in using your User ID and Password.
- Now the application form will open in front of you. Before that, you should keep the scanned copies of all the required documents as separate files before filling out the application form.
- After that, you have to fill in all the details like personal details, and enrollment information in B.Sc.
- And along with this, you have to fill in the following details –
- Integrated M.Sc. Level,
- Senior secondary performance information,
- National level competitive exam details,
- Contact details
- and other details are in the scholarship application form.
- You must first review the filled details so that all the details and uploaded documents are correct. And then submit the form by pressing the “Print Preview” button.
- After that, you have to click on “Submit” at the end. After submitting the form, you should take a printout of the submitted application for your record.
- Thus you can complete your application by following easy steps.
INSPIRE Scholarship 2023 Cut Off: Check Board-wise Cutoff Marks for INSPIRE here
|State/Board Name||Expected cutoff percentage|
|Andhra Pradesh||97.5 – 98.5|
|Assam||82 – 84|
|Bihar||73 – 75|
|Chhattisgarh||87 – 90|
|CBSE||94 – 95.5|
|Goa||85 – 87|
|Gujarat||78 – 80.5|
|Haryana||92 – 94|
|Himachal Pradesh||89 – 91|
|Jammu Kashmir||91 – 93|
|Jharkhand||75 – 80|
|Karnataka||93 – 95|
|Kerala||96 – 98|
|Madhya Pradesh||88 – 90|
|Maharashtra||82 – 86|
|Manipur||80 – 86|
|Meghalaya||72 – 74|
|Mizoram||75 – 82|
|Nagaland||79 – 85|
|Odisha||80 – 85|
|Punjab||90 – 92|
|Rajasthan||88 – 90|
|Tamil Nadu||94 – 96|
|Tripura||85 – 90|
|Telangana||97 – 98.5|
|Uttar Pradesh||83 – 85|
|Uttarakhand||80 – 85|
|West Bengal||87 – 89|
|Vishva Bharati||93 – 95|
|AMU||93 – 95|
|CISCE||95 – 97|
Previous Years’ Inspire Scholarship cutoff
|State/Board Name||Cutoff 2019|
|Himacha l Pradesh||90.4|
|Jammu & Kashmir||90.6|
|Madhya Prad esh||88|