Recently, the Indian Navy has released a Detailed Notification regarding Indian Navy Agneepath / Agniveer (SSR / MR) Recruitment Process 2023. Today through this article we will provide you all details about the Indian Navy Agnipath/ Agniveer ( SSR/MR). We will cover all aspects such as- the eligibility criteria, pay scale, total vacancies, selection procedure etc. Along with this we will also share the online procedure to apply under this Indian Navy Agnipath and Agniveer SSR/MR Recruitment Scheme.
Indian Navy Agneepath /Agniveer Scheme
As we all know that Agniveer is a ground-breaking Human Resource Management program initiated for the Indian Army. This includes the Indian Navy as well. All the applicants selected through under this Agnipath Scheme will be named as Agniveers of the Indian Navy. This Agniveers rank is a totally different Navy rank from all other positions.
All the Agniveers who have joined Indian Navy would proudly returned to their society after serving the nation for a period of 4 years. Apart from this, the government will offer a great opportunity to re join the Navy in the regular cadre to all those Agniveers who have left the Navy. This opportunity is mainly based on the requirements of the organisation and standards as established by the Indian Navy. The Navy will document the abilities of each Agniveer through awarding them with certificates. The centralised board will surely verify these applications without any outer role. As per the notification of Indian Navy only 25% of total strength of any specific batch of Agniveers will get a chance to register in the Navy. This will definitely based on their performance throughout their four-year service as Agniveers.
The Key Highlights of Navy Agniveer Notification
|Name of the Organisation||The Indian Navy|
|Name of Recruitment Exam||The Indian Navy Agnipath / Agniveer (SSR / MR) Recruitment 2023|
|Type of Recruitment||On Short Term Period of Four Years With Regular Appointment Opportunities|
|Category of Recruitment||Defence Jobs|
The Salary Details for Indian Navy Agniveers are as mentioned below –
The in Hand Salary for Agniveers in the Indian Navy:
- Ist year: ₹ 21,000/- Every Month
- IInd Year: ₹ 23,100/- Every Month
- IIIrd Year: ₹ 25,550/- Every Month
- IV Year: ₹ 28,000/- Every Month.
Details about the Contribution in Seva Nidhi for Agniveers in Navy:
- Ist year: ₹ 18,000/- Every Month (₹ 9,000/- By Agniveer & ₹ 9,000 By Central Government)
- IInd Year: ₹ 19,800/- Every Month (₹ 9,900/- By Agniveer & ₹ 9,900 By Indian Government)
- IIIrd Year: ₹ 21,900/- Every Month (₹ 10,950/- By Agniveer & ₹ 10,950 By Central Government)
- IV Year: ₹ 24,000/- Every Month. (₹ 12,000/- By Agniveer & ₹ 12,000 By The Government)
Features and Major Benefits for Agniveers in Indian Navy-
- The Navy will provide a Seva Nidhi package of Rs. 10.04 Lakhs on Exit from Indian Navy after 04 year’s service to all the Agniveers.
- Indian Navy will also provide a life insurance worth of Rs. 48 lakhs for the period of their service as Agniveers in the Navy.
- The ‘Agniveer’ Skill Certificate. At the end of the service period from the Indian Navy, Government will provide a detailed Skill-set certificate to Agniveers of Navy. This will highlight their skills and level of competency.
- A one-time ex-gratia of Rs 44 Lakhs along with the Insurance of Rs 48 lakhs + Seva Nidhi Package of ₹ 10.04 Lakh + the Salary of remaining period in case of death on duty.
- Also a one-time ex-gratia of Rs 44 Lakhs + Seva Nidhi package of ₹ 10.04 Lakh + the Salary of remaining period in case of disability on duty.
- The Risk & Hardship Allowance
- Allowance of Dress
- Medical Facilities
- The CSD or Canteen Stores Department will also be payable to Agniveers of Indian Navy during their period of service.
Details of Vacancies for Indian Navy Agnipath / Agniveer Recruitment 2023
The Indian Navy has notified the total vacancies for the Agniveer (SSR) on 01/2023 Batch. That is 2800. Out of these 2800 vacancies, there are 560 vacancies for female applicants.
The Eligibility Criteria/ Educational Qualification for Agniveer (SSR / MR) in the Indian Navy
|Name of the Post||Eligibility Criteria or Educational Qualification|
|The Indian Navy Agniveer (SSR)||Passed in 10+2 examination with Maths & Physics and a minimum of one of these subjects: –Either Chemistry, Biology or Computer Science|
|Indian Navy Agniveer (MR)||Minimum 10th Pass|
Age Limit for Indian Navy Agniveer (SSR / MR)
We have provided the details of lower and upper age limit for Indian Navy Agniveers in the following table. There is no any relaxation in upper age limit for the reserved categories (SC / ST / OBC etc.)
|Name of the Post||Age Limit|
|Indian Navy Agniveer (SSR)||17.5 Years to 23 Years|
|Indian Navy Agniveer (MR)||17.5 Years to 23 Years|
The Selection Procedure for Indian Navy Agniveer (SSR/MR) 202
The Physical Fitness Test for Indian Navy Agniveer (SSR/MR):
- For the Male Applicants:
- 1.6 kilometre run in just 6 Minute and 30 Seconds
- 20 Squats (Uthak Baithak)
- For the Female Applicants:
- 1.6 kilometre run in just 6 Minute and 30 Seconds
- 15 Squats (Uthak Baithak)
- 10 Bent Knee Sit-Ups
Medical Test for Indian Navy Agniveer (SSR/MR):
- The authorised military doctors will conduct the Medical examination as per the medical standard prescribed in present regulation applicable on Agniveers.
- Any Applicant, if found to have some predominant features of the opposite sex as examined on external physical test, will be surely declared as UNFIT. Any Applicants who have undergone gender reassignment surgery will also be declared UNFIT.
- Any female applicant, if found to be pregnant shall be treated as disqualified. The authority will reject her candidature. A applicant must not have conceived at the time of reporting or till the time of ab-initio training. If anyone found to be pregnant later while training, the authority will then reject the candidature.
Minimum Height Requirement:
- Minimum height requirement for male candidate is 157 cm and for female it is 152 cm. The applicants must be in good physical and mental fitness, free from any disability / disease. As is will interfere with the real performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace and war conditions.
Written Test for Indian Navy Agniveer (SSR/MR):
Agniveer (SSR) Written Test
- The authority will conduct the written exam at the selected centres on the specified date and time.
- The exam will be taken in bilingual (Both Hindi and English) and it is objective in nature.
- The question paper will consist of four sections: English, Science, Mathematics, and General Knowledge.
- Applicants need to pass all sections as well as the overall exam in 60 minutes.
Agniveer (MR) Written Test
- The authority will conduct the Written test prescribed centres on the specified date and time.
- The exam will be bilingual in nature (Both Hindi and English) and it is objective.
- The exam paper will have two sections: ‘Science & Mathematics’ and ‘General Knowledge.’
- The question paper will have a difficulty level of 10th standard.
- The assessment will take only 30 minutes.
- Applicants must clear all sections as well as the overall test.
Application Fees for the Indian Navy Agnipath / Agniveer Recruitment 2023
- The candidates need not to pay any application fee for the Indian Navy Agnipath / Agniveer (SSR / MR) Recruitment process.
Major Dates for Indian Navy Agnipath / Agniveer (SSR / MR) Recruitment 2023
|Starting Date For Online Application||15.07.2023|
|Last Date For Online Application||22.07.2023|
The Process To Apply Online for Indian Navy Agniveer Recruitment 2023
- First of all the applicants need to visit the official website portal of the Indian Navy. That is- joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Now at the homepage of www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The candidates need to register themselves with their e-mail address, if are not registered already.
- Then you need to register. Now log–in with the registered E-mail address and then click on “Current Opportunities.
- After that you need to click on the option of “Apply Now”.
- Consequently a new page will appear before you. At there you need to fill up the form patiently.
- Lastly, take a printout of your application form for future references.
- With this simple procedure you can easily apply for the Indian Navy Agniveer SSR/ MR Recruitment Scheme 2023.