I-STEM Portal – ISTEM is a new initiative by the government of India. The full name of the portal is the Indian Science Technology and Engineering facilities Map (I-STEM). This is funded by the Office of the Principal Scientific Adviser (OPSA) GoI. The portal was launched formally in January 2020. I-STEM is a national web portal developed with the concept “One Nation One Portal”. This will help the scientific community, aiming at “Linking Researchers and Resources”. Its genesis was the very positive experience gained at the Centre for Nano Science and Engineering (CeNSE, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru). in sharing its national facilities with the R&D community of the country. The I-STEM web portal is available to researchers from India and abroad.
To protect the IP involved in building the I-STEM Portal, a provisional patent application entitled, “A method and process for efficient use of geographically dispersed resources”. So, today in this article we will share with you all the details about the I-STEM portal launched recently by Prime Minister Modi. We will tell you about the benefits, features registration process, the login process, and all of the other details. So read the full article to know all about it.
The government of India is promoting R&D in this time of technology. Science and Technology are very important sectors of development. It requires high investment in the sector so the public and private partnership makes it easy and comfortable. So the I-STEM Portal is one of the great initiatives by the government of India. It makes it easier and more affordable for an individual researchers to do their research. This portal has been designed by the concerned authorities to help young talent locate Science and Technology facilities with less hard work and in a hassle-free manner. The portal was launched at Press Conference on 3rd January 2020.
Details Of The Scheme
|Name of the scheme||I-STEM Portal|
|Launched by||Ministry Of Science and Technology, India|
|Objective||Provide easy access to all of the science students|
Features on I-Stem Portal:
There are many features in the I-STEM portal. Some of them are listed below:
- Supplier Map
- S and T Cluster
- Standards library
- Facility map
- Equipment details
- Digital catalog
- Service Map
- FBR status (Facility Booking Record), etc.
- Institutions name
- Research and development map
Benefits Of The I-Stem Portal
There are many benefits of the I-STEM portal, we are going to list some of them below:
- The I-Stem Portal is research and resources that will work towards the help of common people.
- This portal will provide locate different types of facilities that will be needed for their research and development work through the portal.
- The portal will also help the researchers in registering themselves for any research lab and Laboratory they want.
- This will also help in creating a database of all the R&D facilities established in institutions around the country.
I-STEM Portal Implementation
Implementation Of The I-STEM Scheme
The government of India has launched this portal. The portal was announced by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Bengaluru. The Prime minister has launched this portal, this portal will allow public and private institutions to register on this portal. With the help of this portal, the individual researcher will be able to get access to the equipment of these institutions. The portal will have options to share equipment, the institute needs to register its equipment on the portal to share it with others.
Mobile App I-STEM
There is also an I-STEM application launched as well. The mobile application is launched by the Ministry of Science and Technology India. The common civilians will be able to get information on I-STEM R&D. The link for the I-STEM App link is below:
To Download the I-STEM mobile application – Click Here
Process for Registration at I-STEM Portal
If you want to register at I-STEM Portal, follow the steps below:
- Firstly, visit the Official Website of the Portal.
- On the home page click on the Sign-in/ Register option.
- After clicking on Sign-in a new page will appear.
- Here click on the Researcher/ User Registration link.
- The application form for registration on the I-STEM portal will be on your display.
- Fill up all the information on the Application form.
- Finally, click on the Submit button.
I-STEM Portal Login
- Firstly, Visit the official Website of I-STEM.
- On the home, screen click on the Log-in button
- On the next page enter your username, password, and finally, captcha code.
- Finally, click on the Login button.
List Of Equipment
If you want to know the list of equipment that is present in Science and Technology facilities or labs in your area. You can find this in the official portal it is available here.
To get the list of equipment that is present in Science and Technology facilities – Click Here
Contacts and Helpline
- SF-26, Centre for Nano Science and Engineering (CeNSE), Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru-560012, Karnataka, India
- Helpline Number – 1800 425 3281, 9620203281 (24/7 customer care)
- [email protected]
- I-STEM Online Portal – Click Here
- I-STEM Registration – Click Here
- Skill Developing Training – Click Here
- I-STEM COMSOL Multiphysics 5.6 – Click Here
- I-STEM Chat Room – Click Here
- Software Services through I-STEM – Click Here
- I-STEM Login – Click Here
- Call For Action I-STEM Support – Click Here
- Registered Events – Click Here
- I-STEM Grievance – Click Here
- I-STEM FAQs – Click Here