Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana (Widow Pension)
Gujarat government provides pensions to the widows of the state. The pension is provided by the government under Vidhva Sahay Yojana. Under this scheme, any widow of the state is eligible to apply for the scheme. The scheme is also known as Ganga Swaroop Yojana. This scheme was launched under the program of Women and Child Development. According to the projection of the scheme around 3.70 lakh widows of the minor communities. The pension amount was Rs. 1,000 per month but as per the budget for the year 2023, the pension amount was increased to Rs. 1,250 per month. Full details on the scheme are below in the article.
Overview of Gujarat Widow Pension
|Scheme Name||Vidhva Sahay Yojana|
|Launched by||Government of Gujarat|
|Beneficiaries||Widows of the State|
|Objective||Financial Assistance to the widows of the state|
|Pension Amount||Rs. 1250 per month|
Required Documents for Gujarat Widow Pension /Vidhva Sahay Yojana
- Identity Card
- Aadhar Card
- Voter id
- Ration Card(BPL Card)
- Resident Proof (Domicile Certificate)
- Affidavit (as per Appendix 3/4)
- Passport Size Photograph
- Bank account Details (Account number)
- Mobile Number
- Death certificate of the deceased husband
- Funeral slip
- Cremation slip
- Post mortem report (if any)
- Hospital report
- FRI/PIR report (if any)
- village or the local authority certificate
- Income Certificate (as per Appendix 3/4)
- Proof of Age
- Birth certificate
- Matriculation Certificate
- School living Certificate
- Any government-issued id Specifying age
- Or age proof from any medical officer of the government hospital
Eligibility Criteria for Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Pension YojanaIf you want to apply for the Gujarat Widow pension (Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana) you need to fulfill all the criteria given below:
- Candidate must be a permanent resident of the state of Gujarat (living in the state for the past 10 years).
- The age of the applicant must be between 18-40 years.
- Only Destitute widows of the state are applicable for the scheme.
- Candidates who have remarried after the death of their husband are not qualified under Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana.
- The pension is only for the Widows under BPL (Below Poverty Line) Category.
Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana Online Registration Form
If you want to apply for a widow pension in Gujarat follow these steps:
- First you need to visit the Official Website of the Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Scheme.
- Home page will look like this
- On the home page you need to click on the option Download the application form. After this new page will appear on the screen.
- Now on this page you will be able to see the application form.
- You need to download the application form and take a physical print of it.
- Now you need to fill in all the details asked in the application form.
- After that you need to attach all the required documents with the application form.
- Finally submit this application form to the Social Security Office near you.
Now details filled in the application form and submitted documents. If all is correct the pension will be sanctioned.
Download Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana Application Form Click Here.
Application fee to material to enlist yourself under the vidhva sahay Yojana is Rs. 20.
Benefits of Vidhwa Sahay Yojana
The Benefits of Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana dispatched by Gujarat Ministry of Women Development and Child Development are as per the following:
- Pension will guarantee monetary assistance to forlorn widow ladies.
- The widows of the state will at this point don’t need to rely upon others for upkeep.
- The beneficiaries will get an amount of Rs. 1,200 per month.