Gujarat Old Age Pension Application process, Application Pdf, and Pension amount – The government of Gujrat provides pensions to the different sections of the society. As many people in the society are not able to earn money due to different reasons. So it becomes the responsibility of the state to provide basic living facilities to these people. So government provides pensions to these people to help them financially. The Gujarat government also provides pensions to the old-age people of the state. Under the old Age Pension scheme government of Gujarat provides Rs. 1,000 – 1250 per month to the old age people of the state. This helps in the upliftment of the old age people in the society. As they are the most vulnerable section it helps them in their financial and social independence. So it becomes one of the most important parts of governance.
In this article, we are going to cover all the aspects of the Old Age Pension Gujarat. We are going to tell you the application process, Eligibility, Required Documents list, and Benefits under the scheme. So stick to the end of the article to know about the scheme in great detail.
Gujarat Old Age Pension Scheme
Old age people are a vulnerable part of society. Due to their age, they are not able to work and earn their livelihood. So the government starts to take care of such people that are no one to take care of in their old age. This scheme aims to give social and financial security to old age people. So that old age people can easily able to get their day to day expenditure. Under old age pension, the Gujarat government provides an amount of Rs. 1,000 per month to the people of age between 60-80 years old and Rs. 1250 per month to the people above the age of 80. Full detail on the scheme is given below in the article.
Overview of Gujarat Vrdha Pension
|Scheme Name||Gujarat Vrdha Pension|
|Scheme by||State government of Gujarat|
|Beneficiaries||Old Age People of the state (Above the age of 60)|
|Objective||To provides financial assistance to the Old Age People|
|Pension Amount||Rs. 1,000-1,250 per month|
|Official Website||Click Here|
Required Documents List for Old Age Pension Gujarat
Required documents for Gujarat Vrdha Pension are:
- Aadhar Card
- Birth Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Residence certificate
- BPL Certificate
- Bank Account Details (Bank Account Number)
- Passport Size Photograph
- Mobile Number (Aadhar Card linked mobile number)
How to Apply Online for Gujarat Old Age Pension?
The applicant needs to follow the steps given below to apply for the scheme:
- The applicant needs to go to the District Social Security Officer and get the Gujarat Old Age Pension Application form.
- Then fill in all the details asked correctly in the application form.
- Now attach all the documents with the application form.
- Finally submit the application form to the District Social Security Officer.
- The officer will verify all the details and documents of the applicant. And then grant the pension to the applicant if all given information is correct.
Note – Application Pdf for Gujrat Old Age Pension is not available online. You need to visit District Social Security Officer to get the application form.
Eligibility Criteria for Vrdha Pension Gujrat
The person must be eligible on all the criteria given below:
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of the state of Gujrat (Living in Gujrat for minimum past 10 years).
- Person should have no one to depend on.
- Total annual income of the family of the applicant must not exceed Rs. 1,20,000 in rural areas. And for the Urban areas, the annual income of the family must not exceed an amount of Rs. 1,50,000.
- Minimum age for any applicant is 60 years.
- The applicant must not be getting any other state or center government-funded pension scheme.
Any woman or Man is applicable for the scheme if they fulfill all these criteria.
Benefits of Gujarat Old Age Pension
- The benefits of the pension will be provided to the destitute old-age people of the state.
- Government will provide an amount of Rs. 1,000 per month to the people of age between 60-80 years old and Rs. 1250 per month to the people above the age of 80.
- Pension will be provided directly to the bank account of the beneficiaries.
Note – Old Age Pension was Rs. 750 for people of age 60-80 years and Rs. 1,000 for people of age above 80 years. But as per the budget for the years 2023, it was raised to Rs. 1,000 for people of age between 60 and 80 years and Rs. 1,200 per month for people above the age of 80 years.