In this post, we are going to learn about the GST Rates List In India 2023 and how GST is important to know for those who run their business. GST’s full form is Goods And Service Tax. This tax can be direct or indirect for the government. Nearly 17 indirect Taxes is taken by the government. There are different products and services served in India. The percentage of tax will be decided by the services or products. Before coming the new rules of GST is very hard to understand for normal people. By eliminating all the confusion, the government came up with the new GST rates in India that are easily understandable.
GST Rates in India 2023
This tax system is based on a single tax system in which you will have to give tax only one time on goods and services. The tax department has realized that people are giving taxes multiple times on the same goods and services. It is looking like unfamiliar to people. Under the new GST Rates In India, approximately 1300 goods and 500 kinds of services have been covered. This new system of GST is mainly divided into 4 GST Rates.
GST Rates Structure for Goods and services under 5%, 12%, 18% & 28%
What are the four GST Rates In India? As I have told you that GST rates are classified into For parts 5%, 12% 18%, and 28%. This tax percentage will be reevaluated by the GST council to bring more efficiency to the tax system. The rate of the tax is decided by knowing whether the goods or service is a necessity or luxury. If I give you an example, GST on gold is 3% and 0.25 on semi-precious and rough stones.
5% GST Goods List 2023
These are items belonging to household necessities in terms of goods. Below is a list of 5% GST rates for goods.
- Indian sweets or Mithai
- Wind-based Atta Chakki or Pawan Chakki
- Numismatic coins
- Edible oil, spices, tea, coffee, and sugar
- Appliances for differently-abled individuals, such as Braille paper, Braille watches, hearing aids, etc.
- Ice and snow
- Life-saving drugs and medicines, like insulin
- Fly-ash blocks
- Walking sticks
- Incense sticks and kites
- Different accessories or carriage parts for differently-abled individuals
- Natural cork
- First-day covers revenue stamps, stamp postmarks, etc.
- Marble rubble
- Cashew nuts
- Matting, coir mats, and floor covering
5% tax slab Services List 2023
|Aircraft leasing||Goods shipped in vessels from outside the national borders|
|Transport services in AC vehicles and radio taxis||Employment in newspaper printing|
|Motor cab renting without incurring the fuel cost||Print media advertisement space|
|Tour operator services|
|Scheduled transport by air or traveling via chartered or non-scheduled flights for pilgrimage purposes|
12% GST Slab List 2023
GST council keeps changing GST rates of goods and services. Below is a list of goods and services which comes under the 12% GST slab. this is a new list of goods but you may find changes.
|Dairy products, like butter, ghee, and cheese|
|Sauces, ketchup, and mustard sauce, excluding salad dressing items, mayonnaise, curry paste, mixed dressings, and mixed condiments|
|Corrective spectacles, glasses for the same, and flint buttons|
|two-way radios or walkie-talkies that personnel in defense, paramilitary forces, and police use|
|Diagnostic kits and reagents|
|Notebooks and exercise books|
|Fixed Speed Diesel Engines
|Fish knives, ladles, forks, spoons, tongs, cake servers, etc.
12% GST Services List 2023
- Railway coaches, wagons, or rolling stock sans refund of ITC
- Foremen-led chit fund services
- Accommodation renting above Rs.1000 and below Rs.2500 per day
- Hotel accommodation with relevant expenses between Rs.1001 and Rs.7500 per day
- Real estate construction for selling purposes
- Air travel tickets, excluding economy
- Movie tickets priced at or less than Rs.100
- Intellectual Property rights on a temporary basis
- Food or drinks at joints without AC or liquor license
- Transportation of goods in containers via rail from a third party apart from the Indian Railways
18% GST Goods List 2023Now you will interact with the recently released 18% GST rate list for goods. These all goods come under 18% GST rate. You can check below the following list.
- Rear tractor wheel rims, tractor housing transmissions, tractor center housing, tractor support front axle
- Aluminum foil
- Pencil sticks for Kajal
- Transformers, industrial electronics
- Salt-glazed stoneware pipes
- Plastic tarpaulin
- Electrical transformer
- Headgear and its parts
- Dental wax
- TVs with monitors up to 32 inches
- Precast concrete pipes
- Set-top box for televisions
- Non-leather school bags and satchels, shopping bags and handbags made of cotton, jute, artificial plastic, and other materials but excluding basket work or wickerwork
- All devices for length measuring by hand, like measuring tapes, calipers, etc.
- Computer monitors below 17 inches
- Sports goods, gaming consoles, and other products with HSN code 9504
- Optical fiber, winding wires, and coaxial cables
- Ball bearing, roller bearing, and related parts and accessories
- Staplers, pencil-sharpening devices
- Retreaded or second-hand rubber tires
- Discharge lamps or electrical filaments
- Weight-measuring devices, apart from electronic ones
- Furniture items made of bamboo
- Household products, including hair oil, toothpaste, and shampoo.
- Power banks using Lithium-ion batteries
- Carriages for babies
- Rear tractor tires and tire tubes
- Packs and bags of Polythene and Polypropylene
18% GST Services List 2023
|Food or drinks at joints with AC/heating and/or liquor license||Accommodation renting above Rs.2500 and below Rs.5000 per day||Party arrangement and shamiana, food supplies||Hotel accommodation with related expenses at or more than Rs.7501|
|Works contract supply||Outdoor catering||Performance arts, like circus, theatre, folk, Indian classical, etc.||Movie tickets priced above Rs.100|
28% GST Goods List 2023
This is the list of 28% GST goods 2023 that you must know. Many items are covered under the 28% GST. You can check the below list for your knowledge.
- Washing machines
- Air conditioners
- Tobacco products, such as cigarettes
- Cement, paint
- State-owned and state-authorized lotteries
- Caffeinated beverages
- Cars and two-wheelers
- Dishwashing machines
- Cars and two-wheelers
- Aerated beverages
28% GST Services List 2023
- Entertainment services, amusement parks, theme parks, joy rides, etc.
- Racing club services
- Food or drinks at 5-star hotels
- Sporting events such as IPL, ISL, etc.
Some products are not included in the GST list and you do not need to pay tax. These goods are available below. You can check out the products.
- Colouring books, drawing books for children, picture books, etc.
- Preserved vegetables
- Natural honey
- Unworked bones and horn cores and their wastes
- Hulled cereal gains
- Sanitary napkins
- Container-packed frozen vegetables
- Manuscripts, music books
- Hotel accommodation below Rs.1000
- Palmyra jaggery