We all can know that day by day Cybercrimes are increasing at alarming rates in India. Now the concerned authority of Cybercrime has gotten the Hundreds of cybercrime reports are logged each day. Otherwise, people have to visit cybercrime branches to file a complaint. But, currently, the Indian government started a cybercrime portal. So on this portal people can also log their complaints and check their status online. Now, if you are a victim of any online fraud or scam, then its facility is going to help. Towards, In this post, you will get the details like “How to file a cybercrime report online”, and “how to check the status of your complaint”. kindly read this article to the end.
About File Cybercrime complaint/Report Fraud/Scam Online
In this section, we have to just explain the basic knowledge of the “Cyber Crimes”. So in the below part, we have shared some important points on cybercrimes. In the unfortunate event of you being a victim of such a crime, you have to know where to report it. Basically, the complaints from online Child Pornography (CP), Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM), or sexually explicit content like Rape/Gang Rape (CP/RGR) content. Moreover, the complaints belonging to cybercrimes such as mobile crimes, online and social media crimes, online financial frauds, ransomware, hacking, cryptocurrency crimes, and online cyber trafficking. If anyone wants to report any of the above-mentioned acts, so that means, you can use the National Cybercrime reporting portal.
Short View of National Cybercrime Portal
|Name of the Portal||National Crime Portal|
|Launched by||The Government of India|
|Beneficiaries||Citizens of India|
|Official Website||Click Here|
|For more information||Click Here|
File Cybercrime Complaint Online at the National Cybercrime portal
- First of all, You have to Navigate the Official Website of the National Cyber Reporting Portal.
- Now you will land on the homepage.
- The menu bar is open in front of you, where you have to focus on the first and second menu items only i.e. “Report Women/Child-Related Crime” & “Report Other Cyber Crime”
- Now as the name suggest, if you want to report cybercrime activities associated with women or child, So opted the first option, else use the generic option “Report other cybercrime”
- Then click on the “Report Other Cybercrime”
- So a new page will open in front of you.
- Kindly click on the “File a Complaint” link to file a complaint.
- Now you will redirect to another page, where you have to accept the terms and conditions.
- Then click on the option near “I Accept”, then click on “I Accept”
- So another page will open in front of you, where you need to log in.
- How to log in?:-
- To log in, you have to select your state
- Now create USERNAME, or Enter your mobile number and fill up the OTP.
- After they enter, your Mobile number, Just click on the “Get OTP” to receive the OTP on your mentioned mobile number.
- When you received the OTP, just enter the OTP.
- Now just fill up the captcha code for verification & and hit the SUBMIT button.
- Once successfully logged in, you will see a complaint registration form.
- Fill in the form by providing all the required information.
- Finally, click on “Submit” to submit the complaint
- Once, your complaint is submitted, you will see a complaint ID, which can be used to track the status of your complaint.
How to Check the status of Cyber Crime Complaint on the Portal?
In this section, we are providing a very easy process for the check the status of cybercrime complaints online:-
- First, you need to visit the official website of the portal.
- Then log in to your account.
- After the log, click on the “Check Status”.
- Kindly Enter the complaint ID or Search from the request Date
- Finally, you will be able to track the status of your complaint online
FAQ related to the National Cybercrime portal
What information needs to be submitted in order to file a complaint?
Either one can report anonymously (without revealing identity) or by providing your Name, State & Mobile Number. Also, some data will be collected during the complaint filling.
What is the purpose of the National Cybercrime Reporting Portal?
The Indian government has started this initiative recently. The aim of this portal is to facilitate victims/ complainants to report cybercrime complaints online. This portal caters to complaints pertaining to online Child Pornography (CP), Child Sexual Abuse Material (CSAM), or sexually explicit content such as Rape/Gang Rape (CP/RGR) content and other cybercrimes such as mobile crimes, online and social media crimes, online financial frauds, ransomware, hacking, cryptocurrency crimes, and online cyber trafficking.
Is there any helpline for this cybercrime department?
Yes, the department had recently issued a toll-free number i.e. 155260. Which has now been changed, you can now call “1930” from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm instead.