We are discussing the 44th Chess Olympiad 2023 today. India was hosting the 44th Chess Olympiad in Chennai, which was organized by FIDE. The 44th Chess Olympiad was placed in Tamil Nadu’s Mahabalipuram. Over 150 countries have registered for the 2023 Chess Olympiad, and India was hosting the largest sports event ever.
MK Stalin, the chief minister of Tamil Nadu, provided this information. The chief minister of Tamil Nadu declared that the state would host the international competition and that it would be a turning point in the state’s history. Total 1737 participants were there in Tamilnadu during the Chess Olympiad 2023. We will share the registration process and other details of Chess Olyampiad 2023 such as Ticket booking, Result, Number of teams etc. So read the article till end to know complete details
What is FIDE Chess Olympiad 2023
The International Chess Federation, sometimes known as the World Chess Federation or just FIDE, is an international organisation with headquarters in Switzerland that links the many national chess federations and serves as the supreme authority for chess competition worldwide. On July 20, 1924, FIDE was stablished in Paris, France. Gens Latin for “We Are One Family”—is the organization’s motto. FIDE was acknowledged by the International Olympic Committee in 1999. (IOC). FIDE will have 200 member federations as of May 2023.
Chess Olympiad 2023 Tickets Booking – Highlights
|Name of the Event||FIDE Chess Olympiad|
|Total number of Participants||1737|
Ticket For FIDE Chess Olympiad
For Hall 1, a full-day ticket cost 3,000 rupees (about €37) for domestic visitors and 8,000 rupees (about €98) at foreigners. Students under the age of 19 as well as women and Tamil Nadu government employees could purchase a two-hour ticket for a reduced price of 300 rupees (about €3.70). For Hall 2, a full-day ticket cost 2,000 (€25) for domestic visitors and 6,000 (€74) for foreigners, while the concession categories only had to pay 200 (€2.50) for a two-hour pass.  All electronic gadgets, including cell phones, were to be left at a counter outside the halls in order to prevent chess engine cheating.
|Category||Hall 1||Hall 2|
Student U-19/Women/TN Govt. Staff
|300/- Rs||200/- Rs|
|3000/- Rs||2000/- Rs|
|8000/- Rs||6000/- Rs|
44 Chess Olympiad Registration
Follow these steps to complete your registration for the Chess Olympiad Registration:
- First of all you have to visit on the official website of All India Chess Federation
- Then you will reach on a new window where you have to find a option for Calender.
- After that you have to click on a link for online entry for chess olympiad 2023
- Now if you are already registered on this website then you can directly upload your documents but if you are not registered then you have to click on the register now link;
- Fill the registration form with personal details such as name, email, mobile number and other information on the form.
- This is the answering phase where you have to answer some questions by clicking yes or no.
- The last step is to upload your documents on the website.
- Now you are successfully registered on the portal.
Result of Chess Olympiad 2023
The Closing ceremony for the 44th Chess Olympiad 2023 took place today in Chennai. Uzbekistan won the Open competition in a thrilling conclusion, and Ukraine won the Women’s competition.
Uzbekistan narrowly upset the Netherlands 2.5-1.5 in the previous round, and Armenia beat Spain to tie them for the lead with 19 match points. Uzbekistan won the competition based on tiebreaker criteria, with Armenia taking second place. With 18 match points, India 2 won bronze.
India earned the most individual medals and board prizes it has ever received in a single Chess Olympiad edition. Seven individual medals in all were won: two gold, one silver, and four bronze. In both the 41st Tromso 2014 Olympiad and this one, the 44th Chess Olympiad, only two members of the Indian team that won the bronze medal were present: GM B Adhiban, Coach and Captain of India 1, and GM FST R B Ramesh. Uzbekistan and Ukraine both won without losing.
List of Indian Players who Got Medal in Chess Olympiad 2023
Team wise List
Team A is also known as Women’s Team which won the Bronze in women’s team section. there is a list of players in Team A
- Koneru Humpy
- R Vaishali
- Tania Sachdev
- Bhakti Kulkarni
Team B is a open team where any gender can participate in team. India B got also Bronze in open section. Here is a list of players
- D Gukesh
- Nihal Sarin
- R Praggnanandhaa
- Raunak Sadhwani
Players Who got individual medels in 44 Chennai Chess Olympiad
- D Gukesh – gold in men’s board 1
- Nihal Sarin – gold in men’s board 2
- Arjun Erigaisi – silver in men’s board 3
- R Praggnanandhaa – bronze in men’s board 3
- R Vaishali – bronze in women’s board 3
- Tania Sachdev – bronze in women’s Board 3
- Divya Deshmukh – bronze in women’s reserve board
List of Top 30 players in 44th Chess Olympiad held in Chennai 2023
|18||GM||Krush Irina||2012782||2430||USA||United States of America||2||2382||10||1,5|
|25||IM||Yip Carissa||2090732||2416||USA||United States of America||3||2291||10||-9,5|