Assam Disability Pension Application Process, Eligibility, Required Documents, Application Form, and Application Status – Assam government provides pensions to the disabled people of the state. The government provides pensions to the people who are unable to afford and earn their livelihood. There are two different Pensions for disabled people in the state of Assam. The first one is Indira Gandhi Nation Disability Pension and the second one is Deen Dayal Divyangjan Pension Acholi. The first one is provided with the help of the Union government and the second one is provided by the state government of Assam. This helps disabled people of the state to get essential things for survival. This also helps them in getting social and financial support as they are denied by society at the time. The pension empowers handicapped people in society.
Assam Disability Pension Scheme
Assam government provides pensions to the disabled people of the state. There are two different pension schemes for the disabled people of Assam. Indira Gandi Nation Old Age Pension and Deen Dayal Divyangjan Sahajya Scheme. Under Indira Gandhi National Disability Pension government provides an amount of Rs 300-500 per month and Under Deen Dayal Divyangjan Pension Achoni Scheme an amount of Rs. 1000 is provided per month. This helps in the upliftment of the community in society. For full details on the scheme read the full article below.
Required Documents for Assam Disability Pension
To get Disability Pension in Assam you need to have all these documents:
- Aadhar Card
- Disability Certificate
- Bank details (Bank Account Number)
- Ration Card (BPL Card)
- Age Proof
- Address Proof
- Passport Size Photograph of the Applicant
- Income Proof
Assam Disability Pension/ Deen Dayal Divyangjan Pension Registration- Eligibility Criteria
- Firstly the applicant must be a permanent resident of the state of Assam.
- The person must be facing at least 40% disability.
- The applicant must belong to the ‘severe disability category (80% or more) (For IGNDPS)
- Applicant must belong to BPL (Below Poverty Line) Category.
- Should not be getting any other state or center-sponsored pension scheme.
- The applicant must be above 18 years of age (For IGNDPS)
Assam Disability Scheme 2023 Online Apply
To apply for the Assam Handicapped Pension follow these steps:
Indira Gandhi Nation Disability Pension
- First you need to visit the official website of the Assam Government.
- On this page click on Apply for Disability Pension.
- On the next page click on the Form for NSPA. OR Click Here to Download the application form directly.
- Now fill out the application form correctly.
- Attach all the required documents.
- Submit the application form to the officials.
- Your information on the application and documents will be verified.
- If all information is correct Pension will be sanctioned.
Assam Deen Dayal Divyangjan Pension – Features
- Application in prescribed format invited through advertisement from the Directorate of Social Welfare, Assam.
- Application forms are provided in ICDS and District Offices accordingly.
- Anganwadi Workers make aware of the beneficiaries widely and received the filled-up forms.
- Received application forms scrutinized and placed before the DLSC and approved beneficiary list (Hard & Soft Copy) submitted with bank account numbers of beneficiaries to the Directorate of Social Welfare, Assam.
- The Directorate of Social Welfare, Assam e-transfer the pension amount directly to the account numbers of beneficiaries.
- Applicants should approach the District Social Welfare Officer, Govt. of Assam, and submit the prescribed form.
Assam Disabled Pension Amount/Benefits
- Under Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Rs. 300 till the age of 79 and Rs. 500 after the age of 79.
- Under Deen Dayal Divyangjan Sahajya Scheme a one-time amount of Rs 5000 is provided by the government of Assam.
- Under Deen Dayal Divyangjan Pension Achoni an amount of Rs. 1000 per month is provided by the government of Assam.
Assam Disability Pension – Important Links
- Official Website of NSAP – Click Here
- Official Website of Pension and Pubic Grievances Assam – Click Here
- Application form for Indira Gandhi Old Age Pension – Click Here
Assam Disability Pension Scheme Helpline
To get the helpline and contacts details visit Contact Us